Senior Electrical Supervisor
Purple Springs, AB
We are looking for Electrical Supervisor for one of our client. If you are interested, please send me your word copy of resume with contact details.
Position type: Full time
Experience Level: 3 years
Industry: Food Production
Skills: Maintenance, Electrical Engineering, Journeyman, Plant Engineering
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to, the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains and promotes safe work practices at all times and participates in safety programs. Directs employees for holding safety huddles, safety audits, and participation in safety programs. Setting expectations for housekeeping in the shop and on the job site and following up.
- Analyzes mechanical and operational problems of Electrical equipment through personal observations, maintenance programs and operator feedback and plans for and takes corrective actions. Walks the floor to review work or equipment in action. Review work plan for variances.
- Conducts Daily/Weekly Operating Report with employees to address variances and Operating Equipment Effectiveness gaps.
- Coordinates, arranges, and supervises or provides for the completion of corrective and electrical preventative maintenance in accordance with standard operating procedures, of all processing practices, and Refrigeration & Boiler equipment to minimize plant down time.
- Coordinate tasks, critiquing on-going and finished work, sets priorities and other responsibilities as authorized. Generates follow-up work orders from off conditions noted on Preventative or Emergency Maintenance where a repair cannot be correctly completed.
- Generates follow-up work orders from work lists. Approves Work Orders and Kits.
- Review and adjust schedules for work load and labor. Adjust Work Order priority.
- Reviews Break down Analysis and suggest plan of action or recommendation to root cause.
- Provides recommendations for budgeting and maintains cost control for area of responsibility. Including but not limited to recommendations for the One Shot Program. Complete assigned One Shot Projects.
- Provides support to the Capital Program. Including but not limited to execution of assigned capital projects. Provides recommendations to the capital program based on reliability improvement plan for area of responsibility.
- Develop Reliability Improvement Plan for area of responsibility.
- Maintains working relationship with Contractors and Vendors to maintain equipment reliability and keep abreast of equipment obsolescence and new technology. Maintain Vendor contact for sourcing and ordering materials and supplies for direct repair.
- Provide supervision and management to Contractors and Vendors on site.
- Provide supervision and management on Maintenance Repair and Overhaul inventory levels for area of responsibility to meet R&M and financial objectives of the Facility. Including but not limited to providing inventory recommendations based on equipment Bill of Materials and Spare Parts List.
- Implement Operating Equipment Effectiveness improvements.
- Schedules, supervises and directs the Electricians in all maintenance efforts of production equipment including buildings HVAC systems and water treatment and wastewater treatment control systems. This includes repair and installation of various water treatment and wastewater treatment equipment systems.
- Responsible for implementing and sustaining Lamb Weston Operating Culture (LOC) philosophies and tools to drive continuous improvement to the electrical maintenance including but not limited to maintaining skills flexibility matrices and training of Electricians. Develops resident subject matter experts.
- Assures effective and efficient utilization of assigned labor, equipment, and repair parts to maintain control of maintenance cost.
- Reviews production schedule and coordinates with production, changes in scheduled maintenance.
- 3 years of maintenance supervision experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Red Seal or Journeyman Certification.
- Experience in working with PLC - Allen Bradley, Siemens or others.
- Experience in working with HVAC Systems & Waste Water Treatment.
- Experience in managing a team of 8 to 10 electricians in the plant.
- Strong written and oral communications to be able to interface with production.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology or related fields.
- Minor PLC Programming.
- Instrumentation Experience
- Food manufacturing experience (they have said similar hires have come from oil & gas industry)