Join our dynamic, growing team committed to providing the Joyce Region with excellence in eye care. Image Optometry is looking for an enthusiastic, motivated, high functioning, patient care centered, and team-oriented individual for full-time work in a very busy ophthalmology clinic housing several full-time surgical practices.
We are looking for a detail-oriented, organized, and polished individual with a bright, caring, and outgoing professional personality. The right fit is someone kind, team-oriented, always looking to help patients and colleagues, and enjoys multi-tasking. The successful candidate will be available full-time and have a flexible availability.
Job type: Full time, permanent and indeterminate (at least 40-hours/ week.)
Job Location: 3353, Kingsway Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada V5R 5K6.
Wages: $21.75 hourly (Negotiable with skill set and experience)
Start date of employment: As soon as possible
Experience: 1-2 years of relevant work experience as a medical office assistant or receptionist is required. Previous experience in any health care and patient care setting is an asset. Candidates with experience in ophthalmology is preferred.
Minimum Education: Post-secondary education is preferred. Must have high school or equivalent.
Positions Available: 01
Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepare, key in, edit and proofread correspondence, invoices, presentations, brochures, publications, reports and related material from machine dictation and handwritten copy
- Schedule and confirm appointments and meetings of employer
- Order office supplies and maintain inventory
- Answer telephone and electronic enquiries and relay telephone calls and messages
- Set up and maintain manual and computerized information filing systems
- Determine and establish office procedures
- Greet visitors, ascertain nature of business and direct visitors to employer or appropriate person
- Record and prepare minutes of meetings
- Arrange travel schedules and make reservations
- May compile data, statistics and other information to support research activities
- May supervise and train office staff in procedures and in use of current software
- Assisting in virtually all aspects of the patient visit, from arrival to departure
- Receiving and checking in patients for appointments, booking follow ups, confirming upcoming or rescheduled appointments.
- Keeping tight control over daily scheduling and managing the schedule for physicians.
- Answering phone calls and handling issues with efficiency, kindness and professionalism, not limited to patient concerns, physician calls, urgent issues etc. and liaising with colleagues, managers or physicians as appropriate.
- Sorting incoming faxes and mail, preparing outgoing faxes and mail, preparing forms, taking payment, photocopying, computer entry, scanning and filing and other administrative duties.
- Keeping track and following up on outstanding referrals (incoming/outgoing), labs, results and communications related to patient and professional matters.
- Maintenance and upkeep of office equipment and examination lanes;
- Opening and closing clinic
Qualifications and Skills
- A demonstrated ability to think and work independently in a detail-oriented fashion.
- A desire to interact compassionately with a very wide variety of patients who have diverse needs.
- Ability to multitask and work in a busy environment with distractions.
- Proficiency in the use of computers.
- A willingness to learn the use of new technologies
- Excellence in written and verbal communication skills.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.