Frontier One Inc.
Job Location: Unit 204 – 100 Matheson Blvd East, Mississauga, ON L4Z 2G7
Position: Accounting Supervisor (1)
Wages: $ 30.50 per hour for 40 hours per week
Terms of employment: Full time, Permanent
- Co-ordinate, assign, and review work of accounting clerks in each office location in the following duties: processing, recording financial documents and forms; verifying transactions and posting journal entries to general journal; preparing bank, govt remittances, HST/GST monthly payments.
- Ensure tax payments, including payroll deduction, HST/GST, Income tax payments are submitted on time.
- Carry out site visits at all 4 office locations in Ontario to monitor job progress and interact with each office personnel to ensure production and accounting processes/procedures are in place and functioning as per policy.
- Verify sales transactions match with visitor login, and number transactions generated on the CCRTIS system at each office location.
- Verify bank deposits on a weekly basis to ensure deposits match with sales transactions.
- Reconcile bank statements with Accounting system.
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of supporting schedules and reports.
- Examine and verify accuracy of work and authorize routine payments, credits and other transactions.
- Perform monthly journal entry account analyses.
- Resolve work-related problems and prepare and submit progress and other reports to the Director.
- Attend meetings with office managers and Director to identify work-related problems and training needs.
- Establish training schedules and train clerks in job duties and company policies.
- Ensure accuracy and compliance to accounting standards, procedures, internal control, and the Income Tax Act.
- May perform the same duties as accounting clerks when required.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Education: Completion of a Post Secondary Diploma (at least 2-year) or Degree is required. Program in Finance or Accounting is preferred.
- Work Experience: 1-2 years of relevant work experience is required. Previous work experience in an accounting position is preferred.
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Demonstrate ability to be flexible, prioritize tasks and escalate issues based on relative importance and urgency;
- Ability to multi-task and operate effectively in an environment of frequent interruptions and tight deadlines;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information in a professional manner. Police background check may be required.
- Strong computer software proficiency with Quick Books and Microsoft Office applications.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Willing to travel to different office locations within the corporation in Ontario to monitor accounting practice.
Intended job posting audience:
- Anyone who can work legally in Canada can apply for this job. However, preference given to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents.
- If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, we will not consider your job application.