Ladies Design Director
Business address and work location:
3401 Dufferin St Unit 510, North York, ON M6A 2T9
Title of the position :
- Ladies Design Director (NOC : 5243)
Main duties :
- Propose, develop and execute creative concept for luxury ladies’ outerwear, sportswear and accessories.
- Management of premium, luxury branded ladies’ apparel design team to ensure global creative direction is understood and properly executed.
- Work directly with product design, product development and production teams to ensure a perfect fit and quality product is delivered.
- Undertake all aspects of the creative development process, including, fabrics, materials and trims research and development.
- Work closely with merchandising and sales teams to develop seasonal sales, distribution and market development goals and targets and to ensure all targets are met each season.
Required skills :
- 5 or more years of experience in the design and development of an international, premium, luxury branded ladies’ outerwear, sportswear, other apparel, and accessories, including at least 2 years in a senior managerial role.
- Must possess solid, relevant design experience in ladies’ outerwear, sportswear and accessories with leading luxury brands on the international market.
- Bachelor’s degree in Fashion Design or a related field with a strong sportswear fashion sense through knowledge of the retail marketplace and garment industry, including colour, textile, garment fit, construction and quality control.
- Must be able and available to frequently travel between and work in both Canada and the United States, including prolonged stays in the United States (30 days or more, as needed) for up to 40% of the year.
- Knowledge of and experience working with North American and overseas manufacturers.
- Meticulousness, sense of organization and autonomy.
- Ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines.
Language requirements :
- Advanced knowledge of written and spoken English is mandatory, French an asset.
Wage and working hours :
- Annual salary of $300,000 or more, based on experience, in addition to a potential discretionary performance bonus of up to 10% of annual salary. Regular working weeks of 37.5 hours. Must be available for overtime as and when needed.
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- 15 days of paid vacation a year
Terms of employment :
- Permanent position