Pure Foods Meat Solutions
An entrepreneurial family-owned Canadian meat processor located near Hwy 427 and Dundas St W (Etobicoke) is growing again and seeking a qualified SHIPPER/RECEIVER with experience ideally in a cold chain environment.
- Basic shipping and receiving activities, utilizing computerized Scanning/MRP system
- Pick, prepare and load outbound orders for customers
- Receive and inventory inbound raw materials, ingredients, packaging & dry goods
- Maintain shipping-receiving records, includes HACCP and SQF food safety documentation
- Majority of work is in cold-room environment (1C) including some freezer work (-18C)
- Safe operation of forklifts and power jacks (walkies)
- Assist in managing product inventories, regular counts and FIFO product movement
- Other related duties as assigned by the Shipping Supervisor.
- Minimum 3 years warehouse, shipping-receiving, product-movement experience
- Reliable, punctual, available for overtime when needed
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail a must, while multitasking and meeting deadlines.
- Must exhibit pro-Safety work habits and have knowledge of standard industrial safety procedures
- CERTIFIED and SKILLED OPERATOR for counterbalance & stacker stand-up Forklifts and Powerjack walkies
- Grade 12 minimum, strong computer & math skills. Post-secondary education/training a plus.
- Proficiency in English: read, write & speak
- Ability to work independently without regular supervision
- Ability to work in cold environments for extended periods of time.
- Must be physically fit, occasionally required to lift cartons to 27 kg
- Food plant experience a definite plus
Some regular overtime including occasional Saturdays. .
THANKING ALL APPLICANTS in advance, only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.
Masks provided and mandatory worn at all times in the building. Mandatory temperature tests and hand sanitizing.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00-$20.00 per hour
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to: