Acting Academy Coordinator
October 18, 2020
Realwheels theatre is an award-winning theatre company with a mandate to create and produce performances that deepen understanding of the disability experience. We have an exciting opportunity to launch a three year actor training program customized to persons who live with disability. The Realwheels Acting Academy will launch in September 2021.
We’re looking for an individual who possesses tremendous entrepreneurial and organizational skill to implement and administer an equity-based artist training project. The Acting Academy Coordinator will be charged with oversight and management of all facets of the training program’s operations.
This position is responsible for strategic, academic and administrative leadership. The Acting Academy Coordinator will initiate and oversee the general operations of the academy, which will offer customized curricula in Acting, Voice, and Movement. This role intersects education, management, theatre and disability.
- Provide vision and direction through annual planning, development and implementation of strategies that support the direction and priorities of the program.
- Lead and participate in the development and implementation of policies and procedures regarding instruction and operations.
- Coordinate, plan, and schedule educational activities and delivery of services to achieve program goals
- Cultivate and maintain networks with government, performing arts, and training communities to develop new relationships and expand existing partnerships that help enhance or fund the program.
- Oversee administrative aspects of the program, including student records, class scheduling, instructor recruitment, and electronic communications with students and instructors
- Supervise, evaluate, schedule work and determine priorities for assigned instructors and personnel
- Collect data on all areas of program activities for evaluation of program effectiveness
- Develop and establish policies/procedures for implementation as applicable to the program
- Oversee marketing initiatives, including developing and designing promotional materials such as posters, pamphlets, program descriptions, and other educational materials for publication and distribution.
- Oversee general financial management and administration.
- Assists with grant applications and proposal writing.
The ideal candidate will be independent, resourceful, entrepreneurial and passionate about advancing this equity initiative, with the following skills/experience:
- University degree in educational administration, theatre administration, or comparable experience
- Strong management experience in office systems, budgeting, finance and marketing.
- The ability to effectively communicate tactfully, both orally and in writing.
- Effective supervisory skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with others, providing clear and accurate information.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Familiarity with the Vancouver and Canadian performing arts community.
- Familiarity with or significant interest in issues around equity for persons with disability.
- Enthusiasm for a collaborative work environment and partnership-building.
- Experience working with community and community organizations.
- Use of personal vehicle is helpful.
Compensation: $30.50 - 34.25/hr
Flexible hours (16 - 24 hrs/week) but there may be the need to work full-time over limited periods. This three year contract will be for approximately 800 hours of work per year.
Realwheels strongly supports and values diversity and fosters an equitable and inclusive work environment. We welcome and encourage applications from members of all equity-seeking groups. We will be pleased to assist you with appropriate accommodation either in the interview and/or workplace.
Deadline for applications: October 18th, 2020 at 11:59pm