Technical Manager - AS400 Systems
V R Della Infotech Corporation
JPC - 12290
- Serve as a line manager, mentor, and coach for all Technology members of the Administration and Development team
- Discuss with clients about support model requirement, system requirements, specifications, costs and timelines
- Manage, Plan, organize, direct and control operations of various Admin technical teams and Application development technical teams
- Drive continual improvements in the project delivery process, overall customer satisfaction, and innovation
- Drive the project and control the budget and expenditures of the department
- Oversee team staffing, ensuring that the correct skill sets and personalities are represented in order to maximize team effectiveness
- Demonstrate team value to the business through both the definition and measurement of quarterly objectives.
- Collaborate with various technology team members to ensure projects are well planned and the team is positioned for success
Skills And Experience
- Bachelor degree in computer science or engineering with relevant work experience
- Overall 12+ years of experience in technical team management and managing various technology like IBM Power systems, SAN Storage, IBM I AS400 operating systems, AS400 Application support.
- A strong track record of successful project delivery for large, cross-functional projects
- Experience in:
- AS400 project management and customer handling skills.
- Technical team management and taking project ownership.
- IBM I AS400 Administration, Migration, Up-gradation and AS400 Application development support.
- A new system build and system hardware management
- Knowledge in Storage Technology (IBM storage, EMC storage)
- Knowledge in High Availability solution, DR solutions, and Backup solutions
- Third-Party Vendor Application support Management
- Superior communication and management collaborative skills which allow you to fully engage with technical teams as well as business teams to effectively manage customer expectations and resolve conflicts that balance both clients and company needs.
- Preferred – SQL, CL, SSL, Key Management, Power VM and V7K virtualization
- Demonstrated success in managing an Agile Development Team
- Solutions finder
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to:
Quote Job Reference: JPC - 12290