Powerjack Operator/Product Mover
Pure Foods Meat Solutions
An entrepreneurial family-owned Canadian meat processor located near Hwy 427 and Dundas St W (Etobicoke), is growing again and seeking a qualified candidate with experience ideally in a cold chain environment.
- Moving products to and from production areas via walkie power-jack
- Movement of combo totes and pallets of meat products throughout the plant
- Maintain required HACCP and SQF food safety documentation
- Majority of work is in cold-room environment (1C – 4C)
- Safe operation of power jacks (walkies) including pre-operational checks
- Assist Inventory Controller and Shipping Supervisor in organizing product inventories in Coolers and ensuring FIFO product movement
- Assist in daily product inventory counts
- Other related duties as assigned by Management
- Minimum 2 years warehouse or product-movement experience
- Experienced power-jack operator. Forklift operator a plus.
- Reliable, punctual, available for overtime when needed
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail a must
- Proven Safe work habits operating power jacks
- CERTIFIED (or previously certified) and SKILLED for operating power-jack walkies
- Grade 12 minimum, good computer & math skills.
- Proficiency in English: read, write & speak
- Ability to work independently without regular supervision
- Ability to work in cold environments for extended periods of time.
- Must be physically fit, occasionally required to lift cartons to 27 kg
- Constant walking throughout the shift
- Food plant experience a plus
Some regular overtime including occasional Saturdays.
THANKING ALL APPLICANTS in advance, only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Hourly rate: $16.00-$18.00
COVID Control protocols are in place at our facility: Mandatory masks, temp testing, hand sanitizing, continuous surface sanitizing, staggered starts and breaks.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to: