Pure Foods Meat Solutions
A family-owned entrepreneurial Company located near HWY 427 & Dundas St W (Etobicoke), has an immediate permanent opening for an experienced Machine Operator join our plant Production Operations Team. We seek a multi-talented, dedicated, self-motivated and technically savvy person with manufacturing, packaging and/or light industrial equipment experience, ideally in a perishable goods or food industry. We are a CFIA, HACCP and SQF Certified value-added meat processor serving major retail chains and food service customers in Ontario and across Canada.
This key role is responsible for set-up, operation, adjustment and minor maintenance of several different packaging and processing machines, ensuring consistent quality and efficient output of this equipment.
Main duties are to ensure overall safe and proper operation of various machinery and production lines, maintaining all food safety and quality processes, adjusting the machines to optimum settings, obtaining minimal downtime, fewest rejects with efficient output and product switch-overs.
Responsibilities include acting as Group Leader for the production area as required.
Certain Specific Responsibilities:
- Adjust machine speeds, settings according to standards set by the Company and Manufacturer
- Monitor and record downtime events on each line relating to machine problems
- Liaise with Management and Maintenance regarding functioning of all machines
- Assist in switch overs and machine film, labels and line supplies replenishment
- Conduct basic pr-operational equipment checks and sequential line shut-downs when needed
- Occasionally assist maintenance personnel in preventative maintenance and minor repairs
- Monitor cleanliness of the machines. Help with cleaning of the machines, when needed.
Candidates MUST Have:
- Minimum 3 years in similar role in light-industrial manufacturing
- Excellent attendance and reliability
- Willingness to work overtime regularly as needed, including some Saturdays
- Solid technical aptitude and attention to detail is a MUST
- Minimum Grade 12 education, good English skills spoken and written
- Proven Safety-First attitude
- Basic math and computer skills needed
- Physical strength, ability and fitness to lift&carry up to 27 kgs occasionally
IDEAL Candidate Will Have:
- Food plant experience. Meat processing a big plus.
- Knowledge of HACCP, CFIA or other Food Safety protocols.
- Post-secondary education and/or relevant training courses
- Technical Certification or Education
- Natural leadership skills, thus potential for enhanced leadership roles
- Hourly, full-time permanent position
- Wage rate $17.50 - $20/hr depending qualifications and experience
- Dayshift, weekdays plus regular OT and occasional Saturdays
- Benefits (Medical, Dental, Life Ins, Vision)
- Safety footwear allowance
Thanking all applicants in advance, only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Dental care
- Life insurance
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $17.50-$20.00 per hour
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to: