Production Weigh Station - Scale Operator
Pure Foods Meat Solutions
Pure Foods Meat Solutions Inc. is a family-owned entrepreneurial company that specializes in meat processing to major retail chains and food service customers in Ontario and across Canada. We produce a wide selection of specialty meat products to serve Canadian families.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operate and manage main production line Weigh Station for cartons of finished goods
- Accurately weigh and label product cartons using computerized scale & printing system
- Manage multiple product SKU’s coming to weigh scale, box counts according to exact orders and priority daily shipping schedules.
- Identify incorrectly packed or labelled products, ensuring weights, tares and labelling is 100% correct.
- Operate and calibrate metal detector, printer, strapping machine, box tapers.
- Handle cartons of product, organize pallets of cartons according to orders, move pallets of product with manual hand-jack (pump truck).
- Direct helpers who palletize, organize and move boxed products, ensuring proper stacking, segregation and palletization
- Identify and record necessary production data, food safety and quality checks.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Good communications skills in English, verbal and written, plus basic math and computer skills.
- MUST HAVE EXCELLENT ATTENTION TO DETAIL, ACCURACY AND ABILITY TO MULTI-TASK UNDER STRESS OF FACE PACED WORK
- Experience on production lines required, ideally handling boxed product flows
- Ability to operate (or quickly learn) computer-based scale and metal detector operation
- Physical ability to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time
- Tolerate working consistently in cold room temperatures (6C)
- Physical ability to lift cartons regularly up to 15kg and occasionally up to 27kg
- Must commit to extra work hours daily as required, includes set-up and shut down of Weigh Station
- Familiarity with GMP’s or HACCP, and other manufacturing concepts and parameters
- Minimum 2 years manufacturing production line experience
- Food plant processing or production experience is a big plus
The Job Parameters:
- Hourly full time position, reporting to Production Management
- Pay rate: $16.50/hr - $18.00/hr, based on qualifications and experience
- Extended Health Benefits Plan
- Day Shift Mon-Fri, early start time. Occasionally Saturday work required.
- Extra work hours regularly and late finish times often daily as required by production demands
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $16.50-$18.00 per hour
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to: