Medical Office Assistant
Truro Family Practice
October 19, 2020
Seeking a Full time Medical Office Assistant for a busy Family Practice located in Truro NS.
Must be available weekdays, occasional Saturdays and Sundays work is possible. Must be flexible to work till late in the evenings. Strong communication and problem solving skills are essential as you will be the public face of the Medical Practice. This practice uses the Telus Med Access EMR and previous experience with this software is preferable although equivalent training will be considered.
- Greeting patients and other office visitors
- Patient intake ( acquiring demographics, MSI numbers etc)
- All online billing for medical services rendered including third party billings where appropriate
- Scheduling patient appointments and general patient communications
- Data entry and maintenance of office records Mail preparation/delivery and receipt
- Ordering of office supplies and vaccinations
- Basic financial management of office operations
- Ensuring all examination areas are stocked and ready for each day
- Preparation of lab specimens once obtained for delivery to hospital lab
- Chaperoning of patient encounters when necessary
- Any other related tasks as might be deemed necessary.
Wage $14-17/hour, commensurate with experience.