Early Childhood Education Assistant
Lawpoint on behalf of client
Port Elgin, ON
December 30, 2020
Port Elgin Montessori Preschool located at Port Elgin, ON, at 5-281 GODERICH ST, Port Elgin, ON N0H 2C1 is a proud provider of quality early learning and childcare. We are currently seeking a full time early childhood education assistant to fill in asap.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Completed high school education at a minimum
- Minimum of one year of relevant experience
- Must have a good command of English and able to converse with ease on a wide variety of topics; English is language of work
- Joyful personality, dependability, commitment and competence in caring for children and sharing these skills
- Understanding of and love for young children and enthusiasm for helping to maintain a happy, creative atmosphere in the classroom
The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling all Early Childhood Education Assistant duties including, but not limited to:
- Assisting the Early Childhood Education (ECE) Teacher in planning and implementing the daily and weekly program plan
- Working collaboratively with teachers and assistants to plan, develop and implement daily activities that support and promote the intellectual, emotional, and physical development of children
- Assisting children in activities by reading stories, teaching songs, demonstrating the use of simple musical instruments and preparing craft materials
- Assisting the ECE Teachers in observing, monitoring and assessing the pupils progress while discussing progress or concerns related to children with the teacher
- Establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with various community partners
- Maintaining a healthy physical, emotional and social environment conducive to learning
- Maintaining and completing developmental checklists as required
- Encouraging parental involvement through regular communications
- Assisting teachers in supervising the students at all program times
- Accompanying the students on field trips
- Maintaining classroom upkeep including the organization of materials, classroom visual displays, bulletin/announcement boards, etc.
- Helping children with washroom routines, dressing and lunchtime activities
- Providing supervision and age appropriate programming for groups of students enrolled in after or before school care programs
- Ensuring the safety and well-being of children at all times
- Attending staff meetings, professional development activities, open houses, and parent-teacher interviews as required
- Ensuring that all regulatory standards required by federal, provincial and municipal governments are being met at all times
- Other duties as required
This is a permanent position paid at $18 per hour with 35 hours per week of workload at a minimum.
Primary job location is Port Elgin, Ontario.