Saskatchewan Health Authority
The Nurse Practitioner in collaboration with the health team will work with clients across the lifespan to a primary care setting. The Nurse Practitioner will be responsible for assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of care for clients in the community, and long term care, both independently and collaboratively with a physician depending upon the complexity of client needs. This includes: health promotion and protection; first line treatment; provision of supportive counselling and instruction in management of medical conditions, diseases and injury prevention and collaboration with and referral to other health care professionals as required.
- Approved School of Nursing, Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing desired. Certification in recognized Primary Care Nurse Practitioner equivalent program or Nurse Practitioner Masters Program required
- Minimum of three (3) years experience working as a Registered Nurse, with experience as RN (NP) in a Primary Health Care setting preferred
- Registered or eligible for registration with the Saskatchewan Registered Nurses Association (SRNA) as an RN (NP)
- The incumbent will be required to maintain current certification in: Level C, Basic Cardiac Life Support / Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Valid Class 5 driver's license
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to competently use computers and software applications as required by the position
- Ability to manage time and competing deadlines, work under pressure, and establish priorities
- Access to a reliable vehicle
- Decision making skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Organizational skills
- Field hours
- Travel Required
An interview may be requested.
The successful candidate shall be required to provide a satisfactory criminal record check including a vulnerable sector query as a condition of employment.
Quote Job Reference: GO-00603852-1