Cloud Security Analyst
Every day, our software is used by millions of people around the world, and we are looking for individuals who share in our excitement and passion for transforming the way the world learns. At D2L, we believe that learning should be accessible and engaging. Our goal is to create easy, flexible, and smart software that ignites the desire to learn in everyone. To do this, we need to give talented, enthusiastic, and passionate people opportunities to create, develop, and collaborate on projects that revolutionize the learning environment
The Cloud Security Analyst will be responsible for the oversight of the firm’s Business Units (BUs) efforts to deploy solutions in Cloud environments.
How will I make an impact?
- Works with AWS's native security tools to ensure D2L's environments are secure
- Identifies security gaps, and works with different teams within the organization to resolve them.
- Automates security business processes everywhere
- Conducts incident response analyses.
- Relevant skills include an understanding of business/technology risk, thought leadership in designing and executing cloud / technology controls that mitigate those risks, and ability to keep up-to date with the latest technologies and potential cyber-threats
- Work with developers and system architects on Cloud deployments to diagnose, document, and remediate deviations from security standards.
- Determine security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements.
- Contribute to the evaluation, recommendation and implementation of cloud security controls.
- Prepares security reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Maintains security by ensuring compliance to standards, policies, and procedures set out by the ISO.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging security practices and standards; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
What is D2L looking for from me?
- 2+ years of demonstrable experience:
- with AWS Guard Duty, Security Hub, WAF/Shield and AWS Config
- in architecting solutions within AWS using leading edge services
- 2+ years of experience:
- in AWS log analysis
- with network protocols and packet analysis tooling
- with Python or similar AWS supported scripting language
- 1+ years experience with securing application deployments in AWS
Nice To Have Skills
- CISSP or AWS Security Specialty Certification
- Experience securing WinOS/Linux environments
- Experience with IT or technology related compliance and risk management related frameworks included ISO 27001, 27018 and NIST 800-53