Auto Glass Technician
Carstar Kharfan Group
The role is responsible for repair and replacements of windshields, door and quarter glass of vehicles. The Auto Glass Technician must be able to work independently to inspect windshields and windows and assess whether the glass should be repaired or replaced.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Service all types and brands of automotive glass
- Remove and install all automotive glass parts including windshields, door glass, back glass sunroof and panoramic glass roofs
- Prime all damaged areas of windshields and car windows
- Apply chemical treatment to outer surfaces and install rubber weather seals around glass edges
- Remove all dirt and debris from windshields and windows
- Remove moldings, wipers , screws, bolts and clips before glass installation and repair
- Inject resin into small chips or cracks and heat damaged areas by a heat source
- Use clips, moldings and adhesives to affix custom-cut glass
- Identify issues that affect glass installation
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Certified Glazier Auto Glass Technician (Journeyman or Red Seal)
- Direct experience in glass repair and replacement
- 5 years experience in glass cutting and installation for automotive applications
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driver’s abstract
- Must be capable to drive around and work at various locations
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs
- Proficient with use of power tools and numerous hand tools
- Must be flexible to assume shift work, Monday to Friday with occasional Saturdays.
Why Join Us?
CARSTAR is an industry leader with 200+ best-in-class collision and glass centres operating nation-wide with ethics, standards and consistency at their core. Kharfan Auto group is the largest body shop group operating in Alberta. A company that:
- Provides training and education in the trade
- Pays you well above the industry standards and treats you with respect.
- Makes sure you have a bright, clean space to work.
- Provides opportunities to keep growing and building your skills.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to: