We are a boutique specialty food store that carries and produces a variety of hot and chilled beverages, fresh baked goods, specialty grocery items and various prepared foods, including catering. As we continue in our third year of business, we plan to continue building a reputation for exceptional quality over quantity, and are looking for the right people to help achieve this.
Responsibilities and Duties
We are looking for an experienced Prepcook to join our team as soon as possible, full-time. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years kitchen experience and require little training. He/She will have the ability to:
- Provide support to the Executive Chef
- Keep the kitchen in clean, proper running order
- The ability to work within close quarters
- Self-manage quantity control (i.e. ingredients required, production during busier times of the week/year)
- Work efficiently, strong multi-tasking skills
- Assist in preparation of every-day items, as well as last minute special/custom orders
- Work as a team in production to fill larger catering orders in a timely manner
- Willingness to bring creativity and new ideas to the menu
Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in a commercial kitchen 3+ years.
- Must possess a high degree of respect and professionalism.
- Believe that being energetic, enthusiastic and attentive to the details required to fulfill the customers' experience are key to every day performance.
- Must have the ability to be flexible and work well in an ever-changing environment.
- Must be enthusiastic and self-motivated, with the ability to work independently when required and with the rest of the team.
$15 to $18 per hour. Kindly note, wages are dependent upon experience and skill level.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to:
Quote Job Reference: 001