September 30, 2020
A privately owned corporation conveniently located in Guelph is looking for a skilled Bookkeeper on a one (1) year contract to maintain our financial records, including purchases, sales, receipts, and payments. The contract has the potential to convert to a permanent full time position after year 1.
The Bookkeeper job duties include working closely with the COO and the Controller to analyze financial reports, process accounts payable and receivable, manage invoices and tax payments.
Ultimately, the Bookkeeper’s responsibilities are to accurately record all day-to-day financial transactions of our company.
- Record day to day financial transactions and complete the posting process
- Verify that transactions are recorded in the correct day book, supplier’s ledger, customer ledger and general ledger
- Contact suppliers and placing materials orders
- Bring the books to the trial balance stage
- Filing HST and WSIB
- Enter data, maintain records & run the monthly financial reports & prepare job cost information actual vs estimates
- Process accounts receivable/payable and handle payroll in a timely manner
- Other duties including administrative tasks, will be assigned from time to time
- A Diploma in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
- Must have experience working with accounting Quickbooks software
- A minimum of two (2) years’ of experience in bookkeeping
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong communication – written and verbal
We thank all interested candidates but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.
Contract length: 12 months
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to: