IT Support Analyst
August 21, 2021
See What We're All About
We are Canada's leading service provider for commercial kitchen equipment; using OEM parts to provide fast and reliable service across North America. Our mission is to provide the highest quality customer care in the food service industry, working hard to build lasting relationships and deliver the solutions our customers count on. You have to demonstrate our core values and keep safety as your #1 priority, that's key. But we're also looking for unique enthusiasm, high integrity, courage to embrace change...and if you know a few jokes, that puts you on the top of our list.
The Job at a Glance
The IT Support Analyst is responsible for working with the IT team to provide remote and onsite support to end-users for a variety of hardware and software applications within a fast-paced environment. The IT Support Analyst will support all level of incidents from Level 1 up to and including Level 3 issues, as well as project related work, so that team members can service customers and other stakeholders. Our business is heavily dependent on Information Technology and this individual holds a crucial role to ensure the success of day-to-day business operations.
A Typical Day
- Support all aspects of the IT hardware with direction from Director of IT Operations and the Director, IT (Canada).
- Directly interface with customers to assess reported problems, complete remediation steps, and assist in maintaining a high degree of availability for all production environments, in a professional manner. This would include, but not exclude, updating user accounts, network and Internet support, end-user hardware support, perform hardware refreshes and system updates (including application updates), business system support, applying OS and business system patches, troubleshooting business system issues, submitting and following up on issue request tickets, and assisting with the adherence of company IT policies and processes.
- Consult user guides, technical manuals and other documents to research and implement solutions.
- Administer to the System Center Configuration Manager platform's day-to-day operations and processes, to support the health of the overall client environment and reduce vulnerabilities to the network. This would include the programming, packaging, and configuration of all deployable applications, updates, and security patches; creation and maintenance of all system images; as well as the build out and maintenance of distribution points and task sequences to ensure reduced impact to the network and user community.
- Install, maintain, and support company hardware and software including, but not limited to, client equipment; copiers and printers; hand scanners and Zebra thermal devices; audio/visual equipment; mobile phones; and tablets.
- Execute full system virus and malware scans, mitigating any threats present on the network
- Works with the IT team to maintain data security by monitoring systems and logs; ensuring data is backed up, archived, and purged as necessary; preventing intrusions; and using whatever means necessary to maintain data integrity.
- Assist in maintaining the Support Desk ticketing system to manage, prioritize, document, and successfully close customer reported problems in a time sensitive manner. This would include the maintenance of custom programming within the environment and completing performance tuning and optimization (PTO) of the system database.
- Monitor the Heritage environment and proactively report potential problem areas.
- Provide and/or support in-house user training as required.
- Update and maintain documentation to include system configurations; disaster recovery processes/procedures; equipment inventories and locations; educational material; and how-to documents to aid in system usage.
- Support all project work on an as needed basis and other duties as assigned.
To Land This Opportunity
- Available to participate in the on-call rotation shift.
- Availability for night/weekend work during system outages, upgrades, or changes as necessary.
- Valid provincial driver's license.
- Preferred use of personal vehicle that is insured and in good repair for use over the course of business; mileage will be reviewed and reimbursable in accordance to CRA guidelines.
- Clean driver's abstract.
- Work background checks.
- Fluency in English is required and French is an asset
Heritage Foodservice Group of Canada Limited is committed to ensuring equal access and participation for people with disabilities. We are committed to treating people with disabilities in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence.
We believe in integration, and we are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner. We will do so by removing and preventing barriers to accessibility and by meeting our accessibility requirements under the applicable accessibility laws.
Quote Job Reference: 143250