Site2020 Inc. saves lives on construction sites by supporting road work with portable, automated flagging devices. Our mission is to connect roadways and completely innovate the road construction industry.
We want people who show up to work because they’re bored with the status quo. This is an opportunity to work on a real, disruptive, public-facing product across North America.
We’re about to do a lot of cool new things, and need help. We stream real-time HD video over a mile, from a robot on the side of the road, in the middle of nowhere, and that comes with unique challenges. You’ll be making our product more reliable, and working with new technologies.
- Contributing to software development lifecycle; including
- Create applications/tools for new and existing services or products
- Troubleshoot field service issues
- Proactively identify opportunities for process and software improvements
- Make constructive suggestions for change
- We’d like you to have experience working with any layers of our tech stack or be able to pick up new tech quickly.
- Embedded Development (we use microcontrollers programmed in C)
- Linux-based ARM systems (bash scripting and C++)
- Mobile App development
- Video encoding/decoding
- GPS tracking
- Satellite communications
- Cellular communications
- Long range ISM band radio transceivers
- Web services and infrastructure (Python preferred) * Excellent analytical skills for complex and creative problem solving as well as accuracy and attention to details
- Effective communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, meet project deadlines and solve problems
- Minimum five years related work experience
- Bilingual would be an asset
PS. We have an awesome health and dental plan.
Job type: Full time
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to: