Li'l Einsteins Inc.
Some of the best memories of an individual’s life are those from their childhood. As adults in today’s day and age we tend to forget just how precious and fleeting those childhood years are.
With that in mind, imagine an alternative to traditional infant and after school care that not only meets childcare needs, but also provides an exciting activity based learning environment that focuses on invoking the love for lifelong learning to ensure that your child is ready to take on this fast-paced world and achieve success in all their endeavours.
A community of professional caregivers with the credentials to enhance your child's early social and motor skills educate them and prep them for their upcoming school years. A curriculum tailored specifically for children, taught in a fun and nurturing environment.
At Li’l Einsteins Inc we dedicate our efforts and resources toward ensuring top-rated care giving services coupled with a high-quality activity based learning environment tailored for children in the ages of 0-12 years. We will always respond to the needs of our parents and students with excellent care giving and instruction, have an advanced curriculum with flexible programming.
Li'l Einsteins Inc. is located in the serene community of Cameron heights in west Edmonton. Li'l Einsteins Inc. is a brand new 4500 square foot facility with an open plan indoor learning space as well as a nature garden ready for exploring.
This position requires a person who possesses love, patience, and respect for children. The teacher must be able to encourage the children to be independent and model for them appropriate manners and behaviours. She/he will instruct children in activities designed to promote social, physical, and intellectual growth by performing the following duties:
- Provide the children with a “prepared environment” which includes making materials to support the individual needs within the classroom
- Plan individual and/or group activities to stimulate growth of the children in social, emotional, and academic areas
- Instruct children in each area of the classroom: giving presentations and lessons in each area including Practical Life, Sensorial, Language, Mathematics, and Culture
- Allow children to be as independent as possible
- Care of the environment and of self
- Encourage individual work time to promote independence as well as group work to promote socialisation
- Identify, select, and modify work in the room to meet the needs of children with varying backgrounds, learning styles, and special needs
- Implement the progress of each child through individual lessons and record keeping (observations)
- Follows the behaviour management guidelines as outlined in our policy
- Conduct two parent/teacher interviews per year unless additional reviews are deemed necessary
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, parents, and coworkers
- Participate in all open houses and school programs
- Adheres to company values. safety policies and procedures
- Maintains a high level of professional at all times
- Follows and implements health and safety through the uses of a variety of tools including daily observation forms, sanitary practices forms, medication forms, and the environmental assessment tools
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Maintains knowledge, skills and abilities through on-going education and attends professional development courses and workshops as needed
- Teachers must hold a recognised Montessori accreditation and certification, or equivalent
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Must be highly energetic, effective, organised, enthusiastic and a self-starter
- Must value and be able to create an environment built on respect, empathy and kindness.
- Must be able to help children build strong relationships and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to offer a curriculum that engages and challenges each child Fostering a child's pride in accomplishments and love for learning.
- Artistic talents to include work with arts and craft.
- French would be an asset.
- MONTESSORI TEACHER DEGREE / CERTIFICATE
Salary: $22,500.00-$45,000.00 per year
Benefits: Company Events, Discounted or Free Food, Employee Assistance Program, Extended Health Care, On-site Childcare, On-site Parking, Paid Time Off, RRSP Match
Job Type: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
Expected Hiring Date: 2 to 4 weeks
Hires needed: 2 - 4 hires
Schedule: Monday to Friday