Warehouse, General Labour
Staffing. It’s what we know. Because we’ve been providing staffing solutions, putting people to work, for nearly 30 years. Whether you’re looking for work, or you’re seeking workers for your business, PeopleReady is the North American leader in the industrial and on-demand staffing space.
The PeopleReady Branch #2213, Located at 355 Montreal Road, Ottawa, ON, Canada is currently hiring a Warehouse, General Labour.
Pay rate is $17.35 base with shift premiums offered up to $19.90 base with shift premiums offered.
Availability requirement is Monday- Sunday Full-Time hours.
We are actively seeking people who have general labour experience for 3 different warehouse positions with one of the largest warehouses and distribution centers in Ontario. General labour workers in the warehouse do not require usage of any power tools in this role. As a general labourer you have a real passion for working with your hands.
Applicants from all areas within the City of Ottawa and greater Ottawa area region will be considered as we are working to fill a large team. (Arnprior, Perth, Smith Falls, Casselman, Vars as well as Cornwall and Alexandria).
Note: During this time, all health and safety precautions are more important than ever and will strictly be adhered to. Also please note that all on site training will be provided and in house certifications will be given for machine operators.
- Receiving and processing incoming stock and materials.
- Picking and filling orders from stock, packing and shipping orders.
- Managing, organizing, retrieving stock as well as other duties during the shift.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. consistent and throughout the shift.
Qualifications & Experience
- Ready and capable for taking on immediate work assignments
- Safety is a must, attention to detail, health and all necessary safety protocols are always implemented, including during transportation.
- Warehouse experience is preferred.
- Machine operator experience is preferred but not mandatory.
- Responsible and reliable with good communication skills.
- Able to work in different environments with different teams.
- Willing to be trained in client process and procedures.
- Follow strict guidelines of dress code, hygiene, and appearance.
- Full PPE is required (steel toed boots, hi visibility vest, gloves, glasses, hard hat as well as mask and water bottle for every shift)
- Make use of clock-in/out systems using a swipe card.
- Capable of working shifts on a Monday- Sunday basis.