Systems Specialist - Computer Systems (IT)
Pacrim Hospitality Services Inc.
Digby, Halifax, NS
September 20, 2020
Company Overview: Pacrim Hospitality Services Inc. (Pacrim) is a privately-owned hotel management and development company. Pacrim owns and manages 10 full-service hotels/resorts and a travel agency in the Atlantic Canada Area. Pacrim is an industry leader in the Atlantic Canada hospitality and tourism sector to identify, manage, develop, and build strategic products and services targeting the fast-growing Asian inbound tourism market.
Salary/Wage: $34.00 - $38.00/hour
Position Summary: System Specialists are primarily responsible for coordinating with the IT Department about IT-related infrastructure and development. They consult with the IT department on any issues that might come up and advise about potential fixes or efficiency controls. The ideal candidates will have a strong IT background and expertise in creating, analyzing, and implementing development plans, policies, and standard operating procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for troubleshooting hardware and software issues in person, remotely and via phone for both clients and employees.
- Research, evaluate, test, and recommend new business opportunities for enhancing our software, hardware, and IT processes and keep detailed logs and records.
- Develop, incorporate, and test out new strategies and IT policies and procedures to increase efficiency, enhance workflow and improve customer satisfaction and system security.
- Assess infrastructure on a regular basis to ensure it continues to meet necessary demands.
- Protect customer data from outside infiltration through encryption, secure data storage and other necessary means.
- Assume responsibility for project tasks and ensure they are completed in a timely fashion.
- Consult with the executive team and the IT department on the newest technology and its implications in the industry.
- Design and execute SOP/testing procedures to extract data from test runs.
- Make recommendations for possible security/software upgrades, strategies, and changes within the IT department via coordinating with other IT team members and gathering intelligence from corporate executives and middle managers.
- Manage daily operations of the IT department and oversee departmental quotas.
- Compile and distribute reports on application development and utilization.
- Partner with application directors and creators to ensure each project meets a specific need and resolves successfully.
Education and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer systems engineering, business administration, information technology, or a related field is required.
- 5+ years of experience in IT related position.
- Additional certification or training in IT/Computer Systems is an asset.
- Passionate about user experience and have the ability to fulfill multiple roles simultaneously.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraint of timelines.
Language: English essential, but candidates with foreign language skills that support Pacrim’s diversity, tourism, and expansion goals is an asset.
Start Date: ASAP
Number of Vacancies: 2
Work Hours: 40 hours/week
Workdays: Weekdays, Day and Night Shifts
Employment Term: Full-Time, Permanent
Benefits: Benefits Package Available
Quote Job Reference: 09024571907