Retail Store Supervisor
February 28, 2021
MacEwen Petroleum Inc. is a Canadian owned and operated fuel and convenience provider that has built and sustained strong customer relationships for more than 40 years.
We began in 1976 as a small operation serving customers in rural eastern Ontario. For years, MacEwen supplied Maxville, Ontario and the surrounding region with heating oil and diesel, and reliable service. Now we are recognized as a leading Canadian independent petroleum and convenience store company.
We are looking for enthusiastic & passionate individual for Retail Store Supervisor position with effective interpersonal skills, flexibility, charm, and interest in Retail business at our very busy location.
Position Type: Full Time, Permanent (Day, Weekend)
Business Type: Gas Station
Job Locations: 652 Dunlop St W, Barrie, ON L4N 1A1
Number of Position: 1
- Completion of secondary education
- Previous experience in retail business
- Experience in client services and supervision
- Experience in inventory control and dealing with vendors
- Must have excellent computer proficiency, MS office, emails and internet
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Able to work in Day and weekends in fast paced environment
- Ability to understand and carry out verbal and written instructions
- Highly effective teamwork skills
- Attention to detail in all areas of work
- Managing gas station and retail store operations by co-ordinating, scheduling and assigning duties to employees
- Managing the customer service functions, including cash, cashiers, and merchandising
- Order inventory of retail groceries and negotiating volume price breaks, placing, and expediting orders, verifying receipt
- Coordinate with MacEwen supply unit for inventory of Gas and Diesel
- Hire, train and supervise all employees
- Ensuring availability of merchandise and services by maintaining inventories
- Check incoming food for quality and quantity of products, ensure timely put away
- Maintain storage, security, and rotation of food as per HACCP regulations
- Record shortages and reject damaged goods
- Protecting employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment
- Maintaining the stability and reputation of the store by complying standards
- Ensure cashier/merchandising staff comply with all guidelines
- Ensure standards of housekeeping and image are maintained
- Resolve customer complaints
COMPENSATION: wage $24.04 per hour and free parking.
START DATE: ASAP
WORK HOURS: Minimum 35-40 hours per week, day shift and weekends may require.