Penticton and District Society for Community Living is hiring a Temporary Part-Time Shelter worker Sun-Wed 12:00-8:00am
Provides support, security, advocacy, information, education, crisis intervention and referrals to residents
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Screens prospective residents for suitability prior to admission. Conducts intake interviews. Orients and assists residents to settle into Compass House.
2. Assesses residents’ immediate needs and assists them to define and implement an action plan. Provides information to residents on resources available and recommends appropriate services
3. Monitors and ensures the safety and comfort of residents and the security of the facility. Facilitates resolution of conflicts between residents
4. Provides emotional support, encouragement, goal setting and problem solving support to residents. Facilitates house and/or support group meetings
5. Liaises with other services agencies and professionals. Maintains current knowledge of issues and resources related to abuse and violence. Provides presentations and public awareness activities about services and issues of abuse.
6. Ensures housekeeping services such as laundry, housecleaning and maintaining supplies are completed; performs minor maintenance
7. Provides crisis intervention and risk assessment for residents. Provides information, advocacy for and assistance to residents.
8. Maintains case notes, resident records, documents, forms and statistical information.
Completed high school, plus specialized courses of up to six (6) months (Addictions Facilities)
TRAINING & EXPERIENCE
One (1) year recent related experience
Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $21.52 /hour
Quote Job Reference: 759