Operations Manager (Asst. General Manager)
Pacrim Hospitality Services Inc.
Company Overview: Pacrim Hospitality Services Inc. (Pacrim) is a privately-owned hotel management and development company. Pacrim owns and manages 10 full-service hotels/resorts and a travel agency in the Atlantic Canada Area. Pacrim is an industry leader in the Atlantic Canada hospitality and tourism sector to identify, manage, develop, and build strategic products and services targeting the fast-growing Asian inbound tourism market.
Reference #: DR0015
Job Title: Operations Manager (Asst. General Manager), Digby Pines Resort
Salary/Wage: $35.91 to $45.91/hour
Physical Work Location: Digby, Nova Scotia B0V 1A0
Number of Vacancies: 1
Work Hours: 40 hours/week
Workdays: Weekdays and Weekends
Employment Term: Full-Time, Permanent
Benefits: Benefits Package Available
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Language(s): English essential, but candidates with foreign language skills that match profile of the resort’s international clientele are preferred.
Position Summary: The Digby Pines Resort Operations Manager (Asst. General Manager) will be a true hospitality professional with a proven track record of success and operational excellence. The Operations Manager will work with the General Manager, and will be responsible to deliver a superior level of service for our guests, create a safe and inspiring workplace for our employees and contribute to the prestige and reputation of the local community and Nova Scotia tourism. Responsible for coordinating, overseeing, and organizing all the activities involved in the smooth and effective running of the Digby Pines Resort.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee daily operations of Digby Pines Resort and coordinate the development of key performance goals for functions and direct reports.
- Create and implement policies and procedures to ensure compliance with health and safety legislation and licensing laws.
- Responsible for all areas of resort management and staff, including, food & beverage, sales & marketing, revenue management, rooms, housekeeping, engineering, spa, human resources, cabins, and golf course.
- Keep track of budgets and expenses, including reviewing financial reports and statements.
- Set the financial reporting standards, policies, and procedures to ensure the resort meets financial performance goals.
- Inspire managers and staff alike to assume responsibility to deliver exceptional guest-experiences, promote tourism, and achieve customer service goals.
- Working closely with the General Manager, PHS Corporate Team and Owners, the Operations Manager (Asst. General Manager) will be the public face for resort marketing and public relations.
- The Operations Manager (Asst. General Manager) will be instrumental in recruiting, hiring, training, and building strong operational teams that share the Manager’s passion for excellence and positive guest experiences.
Education Skills Requirements:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of progressive experience in senior hotel management required, with prior general management experience.
- University degree in Hospitality/Hotel Management or Business Management preferred.
- International work experience in Asian markets preferred.
- Must have proven leadership and management skills in hotel management, food & beverage or resort management.
- Thorough knowledge of hotel operations, and possess excellent communication, organization, and multi-tasking skills.
- Proven ability to grow profitable revenues in all areas of resort operations.
Quote Job Reference: DR0015