MCF Highrise Forming Inc.
The Construction Technician is responsible for providing technical support and services to all ongoing construction projects as well as working independently in the field with the projects assigned. This position also requires an individual with previous experience in supervising, monitoring and inspect the construction projects along with the teams involved. This is a full-time position that requires an individual to work in a team setting. As a Construction Technician, the successful candidate will be responsible to:
- Develop engineering designs and drawings from preliminary construction projects concept;
- Supervise or conduct filed surveys, inspections or technical investigations of the construction projects;
- Develop construction specifications, project schedules, reports and procedures;
- Evaluate (inspection and testing) and recommend appropriate building and construction materials;
- Interpret, review and approve survey and civil design work;
- Confer with clients and other members of the engineering team and conduct research to determine project requirements;
- Ensure construction plans meet guidelines and specifications of building codes and other regulations;
- Establish and monitor construction work schedules;
- Monitor air, water and soil quality and develop procedures to clean up contaminated sites;
- Prepare cost and materials estimates.
- Prepare contract documents and review and evaluate tenders for construction projects;
- May be required to:
- Represent the company on contracts and business services;
- Prepare or correspond with client with respect to progress schedules;
- Supervise the activities of subcontractors and subordinate staff;
- 5+ years of experience in the capacity of a Construction Technician;
- Previous experience with supervising or managing a team in similar environment;
- A bachelor's degree in civil engineering or an equivalent engineering discipline; and
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification is an asset.
Location of work: 2900 Hwy 7 West, Unit MCF01, Vaughan, ON, L4R 0G3
Benefits to be discussed