Senior Performance Analyst
Toronto , ON
5200 Yonge Street
Named as one of Fortunes’ 100 Fastest Growing Companies for 2019, EPAM is committed to providing our global team of 30,100+ EPAMers with inspiring careers from day one. EPAMers lead with passion and honesty and think creatively. Our people are the source of our success and we value collaboration, try to always understand our customers’ business, and strive for the highest standards of excellence. No matter where you are located, you’ll join a dedicated, diverse community that will help you discover your fullest potential.
You are curious, persistent, logical, and clever – a true techie at heart. You enjoy living by the code of your craft and developing elegant solutions for complex problems. If this sounds like you, this could be the perfect opportunity to join EPAM as a Senior Performance Analyst. Scroll down to learn more about the position’s responsibilities and requirements.
We are looking for a Permanent Full-Time Senior Performance Analyst for our office in Toronto, ON, who is responsible for leading the evaluation and testing for new or modified software programs as part of complex systems. Provides leadership in the development of QA processes and procedures. Candidates will be a part of the software quality assurance team for any internal or external application development projects
Language of work: English
What do you will do:
- Build a performance engineering culture and actively champion performance and reliability in all parts of the software development life cycle.
- Own Performance, Scalability, Reliability, High Availability testing functions
- Align performance testing goals, initiatives, processes, and execution with Quality Assurance strategic plans.
- Lead and develop a process of Performance Engineering, lead performance testing activities and provide leadership to the performance testing team members.
- Guide engineering teams through technical analysis to resolve performance issues.
- Work closely with business and engineering teams to derive capacity planning and forecasting models to identify bottlenecks and provide tuning recommendations.
- Refine volumes of data, analyze performance results, diagnose performance problems, and clearly articulate application/system performance to stakeholders.
- Create performance test strategy which includes performance testing built in CI/CD at various points: Development, Quality Assurance Regression, etc.
- Plan, design, implement, execute, and maintain performance test framework(s) and tools to enable performance testing and analysis.
- Develop and publish accurate performance test results, determine and communicate the performance risk of go-live.
- Develop optimizations to improve performance, scalability, and reliability
- Test, debug, and measure the performance of implemented features.
- Design post-deployment system performance testing and monitoring, working with DevOps and Engineering.
What You Have
- A minimum of 6+ years of experience in software and/or program testing.
- A Bachelor’s degree in an Technology related field along with significant experience
- 10+ years of experience in testing, with 6+ years in performance engineering.
- 5+ years hands-on experience in performance analysis of infrastructure, application, and system levels using profiling tools to identify bottlenecks in CPU, memory issues, network, etc.
- Knowledge of UNIX and SQL are required
- 5+ years of experience with direct contributions to application / system performance analysis and tuning for projects
- 5+ years of experience in benchmarking and sizing. Ability to articulate and create performance benchmarks and base-linings.
- 5+ years Proficiency in Enterprise Performance Testing, Monitoring, and Analysis tools (or similar) such as: JMeter, JProfiler, JUnit, New Relic, Dynatrace
- Strong experience in creation of performance test strategy, design, planning, load modeling, and elicitation of non-functional requirements for testing.
- Experienced in troubleshooting and resolution of production performance issues. Expertise of performance testing in areas, including: Stress, Load, Spike, Endurance and Scalability.
- Expertise in creating performance test plans at the component and end-to-end level.
- End-to-End Performance Engineering across all tiers (User Experience/User Interface Network, Web Server, Application Server, Database Server, Hardware & Storage, etc.)
- Experience in Ant and Maven projects development and deployments.
What We Offer
- Competitive merit-based remuneration (80 – 100K CAD per annum, salary may be increased due to merit increase and bonuses may apply)
- Extended Healthcare with Prescription Drugs, Dental and Vision Insurance (Company Paid)
- Life and AD&D Insurance (Company Paid)
- Employee Assistance Program (Company Paid)
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Long-Term Disability
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) with company match up to 2%
- 15 days of Paid Time Off
- Critical Illness Insurance
General contact information:
Phone: 267-759-9000 x33848, (416) 591-4004