Blue Coral Vacations
August 15, 2020
Department: Management/Information Technology Support Services (ITSS)
Job Type: Full-Time
Position Type: Permanent/Non-Union
% of Travel: 10-20%
# of Positions: 1.00
Job Grade: Level 1
Job Available to: Internal & External
Deadline to apply: 08/15/2019
Blue Coral Vacations intends to provide individual and group travel to leisure clients. Services and products provided by us include pre-arranged tours, custom packages according to client’s specifications, travel consultation, and as time progresses making reservations for lodging amongst other related services. As it grows, it will take on people and expand into related markets and services. It will also look for additional advantage by establishing relationships and representations with appropriate strategic allies.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Located in Calgary, direct reporting to the Director/s, the Operations Manager, a self-motivated, individual contributor, who can aggressively work on expanding business in sync with company’s mission & vision – will work on travel related environment which primarily categorized into 3 parts- Operations, Business Development & IT Management, which includes but not limited to - plans, organizes, directs and control the operations of travel-related organizations, co-ordinate and direct the activities of staff, overseeing not only the day-to-day tasks, but the hiring, training and evaluation of staff members as we grow, identify sales leads, pitch services to new clients and maintain a good working relationship with new contacts, along with marketing and advertisements in coordination with multiple suppliers clients. Analyzing and diagnosing a company's IT infrastructure, understanding the business needs and designing and implementing a technology based solutions for competitive edge over others.
To achieve this you will possess a post-graduation education (Masters- a must) in Management or Computer Science, Engineering or a related field. In addition, you will have a minimum of 7 years related with Travel Industry experience, including systems/applications troubleshooting and support, business expansion analysis, of which 1 to 5+ years’ experience is directly working with travel GDS systems.
- Providing support on making booking--Airline Tickets, Hotels, Car Rentals, Cruises, Tours & Travel, Vacation Packages.
- Research and Analyze best possible quote to customers.
- Working with consolidators to issue the e-ticket.
- Working with multiple suppliers in making travel arrangements for customers.
- Working with customer travel related issues and troubleshoot as needed.
- Expanding business by making sub-agents.
- Prepare presentations for new sub-agents leads.
- Contacting multiple GDS for access and pricing.
- Regular meetings with multiple suppliers to get best deals on price and services.
- Hiring new resources as needed.
- Providing training’s to new team members.
- Work with IT team in designing, building and maintaining the websites.
- Work with IT team to integrate better APIs.
- Work with travel suppliers to get best rate APIs.
- Help in setting up the call-centers and manage operations.
- Work on Marketing and Advertisements.
- Providing support on invoicing and accounting
- Working with multiple booking engines.
- Assessing business and application requirements;
- Driving the development of functional and system specifications;
- Conducting fit/gap analysis and business process modeling;
- Configuring the software to business requirements;
- Developing and executing tests to confirm the functionality;
- Creating necessary documentation and delivering knowledge transfer sessions;
- Communicating in a team environment.
- Ability to think outside of the box to find innovative ways to deliver sustainable solutions to the business clients
- University masters or equivalent in Commerce/Business Administration, Engineering, or Computer application/Science;
- A minimum 7 years of Travel Industry experience;
- Experience in multiple GDS system like Sabre, Apollo, Amadeus etc.
- IT Experience (specifically Web Development role)
- Self-motivated, individual contributor;
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to multi-task within a dynamic workplace;
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent time-management skills and the ability to deliver quality results with an aggressive timeline.
- Knowledgeable about multiple GDS systems and ability to reinforce with the business clients.
As per nature of business, the possibility does exist that 10-20% travel is needed.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to: