Civil Engineer / Technologist
Vector Engineering Services is seeking a candidate with experience in municipal infrastructure to join our team. Located in Burnaby, we are a well-established, medium sized civil engineering firm that provides professional services in drainage, sanitary sewer, water, roadworks and rainwater management for municipal and land developments projects throughout the Lower Mainland and Southern British Columbia.
You will work as part of our friendly and supportive project team consisting of Project Managers, Engineers, Technologists, Designers as well as Technicians and support staff on a wide range of projects.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the design, project management and contract administration of a wide variety of projects including small and large-scale land development, master planned communities and municipal capital infrastructure upgrading projects. This position involves liaison with clients, contractors, sub-consultants, utility companies, regulatory agencies and municipal staff.
The core requirements for this role are strong technical capabilities covering all aspects of civil design including water distribution, sanitary and storm sewer design, road and site grading design, rainwater and ground water management including modeling, analysis, reporting and erosion and sediment control.
You will have hands-on involvement in preparing studies, designs, cost estimates, specifications, and contract documents and will also participate in scheduling, budgeting, tendering, and contract administration for infrastructure projects.
Strong written communication skills are required for preparation of technical reports including but not limited to feasibility studies, concept designs, master servicing reports, Fire Underwriters Survey Calculations and reports, detailed design and design criteria reports.
Perform construction administration/inspection.
Project management tasks including managing schedules, budgets, and reporting requirements.
Achieve budget compliance on assigned engineering projects to ensure financial objectives are met or exceeded.
- Preparing AutoCAD and Civil3D designs and drawings including set-up, alignments, profiles, sections, corridors and pipe networks
- Creating watershed delineation maps using GIS
- Calculating design quantities for materials and preparation of cost estimates
- Performing and documenting quality control checks on CAD drafting and Civil 3D work in accordance with Vector Quality Management Program
- Adhering to Ministry of Transportation and various municipal CAD standards as well as Vector Engineering internal CAD standards
WHAT YOU BRING:
- 5+ years of related work experience in a consulting engineering environment specializing in storm, sanitary, water and roadworks design
- An undergraduate degree in civil engineering or a diploma in civil engineering technology or an equivalent combination of experience and education
- Professional licensing with EGBC as a P.Eng. or registration as an AScT with ASTTBC (or eligible for immediate registration)
- Previous hands-on experience working with AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Excel and MS Word.
- Track record in providing exceptional service to clients and developing client relationships
- Proven people skills for both internal and external clients, municipal staff and sub-contractors.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly, both written and verbally, in the English language.
- Strong time management skills and ability to work cooperatively in a team
- Excellent attention to detail to consistently produce accurate, high quality work
- Valid BC Class 5 Driver’s License and personal vehicle
Wages to commensurate with level of experience and be within industry standards.
Our company provides extended health benefits including life insurance along with shared dental plan coverage.