Canmade Furniture Products 2010 Inc.
North York, ON
Work Location: 510 Garyray Drive, North York, ON, M9L 1R1
Benefits: 2 weeks holiday pay
Terms of employment: Permanent, Full-Time. 40 hours per week
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Canmade Furniture Products is a North American leader in the supply of specialty hardware with over 40 years of operations. We import and distribute functional and decorative hardware for the kitchen, bath, office and ready to assemble furniture industries. Our inventory currently boasts over 35,000 products including: adhesives, handles and knobs, lighting, slides and hinges, decorative surfaces, and organisation solutions. We offer drop-shipping across Canada and the United States.
The Purchasing Manager will be responsible for overseeing purchasing decisions for our inventory. The position involves extensive communication with suppliers and distributors.
Job duties include:
- Reviewing current purchasing practices and implementing changes to improve efficiency and cost savings,
- Accountability for quality assurance of inventory purchased,
- Assisting senior management with budget preparation and working within the budget,
- Developing and maintaining excellent supplier relationships,
- Monitoring industry trends and sales and marketing reports to determine inventory,
- Monitoring inventory levels,
- Negotiating purchase and delivery terms,
- Coordinating deliveries with warehouse receiving departments,
- Reporting inventory and budgeting matters to senior management.
Qualified Candidates will have:
- 3- 5 years of related work experience within the furniture, fixtures, or building/construction/renovation related industry
- Languages: English
- Education: College Diploma or above
- Ability to supervise 1 to 2 people
- Personal Suitability: Judgement, Initiative, Flexibility, Team player, Organized, Dependability, Initiative
- Technical Requirements: Must have familiarity with some or all of the following: SAP (FI/CO / HR / MM / OT SD), MS Word, MS Access, Enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, MS Excel
- Solid knowledge and relationships with manufacturers and distributors
- Budgetary Responsibility: $500,001 - $15,00,000