Senior Scientist, Chemical Sciences
Paraza Technologies Inc.
July 31, 2020
Paraza Technologies Inc., a subsidiary of Paraza Pharma Inc., is engaged in developing novel drug discovery technologies to support its drug discovery research services. Located in Halifax, Nova Scotia, the company is developing novel chemical technologies including chemically complex scaffolds and screening libraries to support the drug screening platform.
The company is seeking energetic, results-oriented individuals with a proven track record of success to join our dynamic team. The successful candidate is expected to have highly evolved synthetic organic chemistry skills, including established track record of designing and synthesizing complex organic molecules. In addition, we are looking for individuals with abilities to creatively design organic molecules, demonstrate sound decision-making and analytical skills and who are able to provide creative proposals and solutions to advance projects.
The candidate will be a senior member of a team of scientists, who will design and execute on synthetic routes and troubleshoot when needed. The key responsibilities of the successful candidate include the following:
- Design and synthesize complex organic molecules in the most effective manner;
- Deliver on project goals;
- Present summaries of project status vs. plans;
- Make effective decisions in the absence of complete information and when under pressure, and enable others to act decisively by clarifying roles and responsibilities;
- Work collaboratively across boundaries to establish common purpose and deliver value while identifying and addressing issues that may inhibit effective collaboration;
- Liaise between clients and internal operations to ensure clear communication, by maintaining project timelines with relevant task responsibilities, and milestones;
- PhD in Synthetic Organic Chemistry
- Five (5) to ten (10) years of experience in a related field;
- Experience in the pharmaceutical field;
- Exceptional chemical creativity;
- Advance knowledge and application of modern instrumentation;
- Deep knowledge of modern synthetic chemistry methods;
- Solid track record of syntheses of complex chemical with demonstrated problem solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills;
- Excellent leadership skills as demonstrated by initiative, dedication and drive to advance the project goals;
- Strong use of MS Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, in English;
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to: