Staffing. It’s what we know. Because we’ve been providing staffing solutions, putting people to work, for nearly 30 years. Whether you’re looking for work, or you’re seeking workers for your business, PeopleReady is the North American leader in the industrial and on-demand staffing space.
The PeopleReady Branch # 2220, located at 1659 Carling Ave. , Ottawa, ON, K2A 1C4 is currently hiring a Event Staff.
Are you able to learn quickly? Does being in a dynamic and upbeat environment bring you happiness? PeopleReady is hiring a dedicated Event Staff to take initiative on site setup and teardown for our client on Event Days.
Depending on the client, you might set up the same event each time or you might have to build different sites for varying functions. For example, if you work for a company that promotes outdoor volleyball tournaments, your responsibilities will be roughly the same each week. Some event promoters take on different activities, with each event having its own unique setup requirements.
Different types of events managed by professionals include weddings, sporting events, and corporate functions such as conference and trade shows, charity fundraisers, municipal festivals, and parades.
- Assisting with site setup, working under the mentorship of the event manager.
- Taking pride in the details of customer service.
- Unload trucks and put equipment in staging areas where it will be erected or assembled.
- Building tents, putting up the pipe and drape configuration that creates trade show booths, setting up tables and chairs, helping with audio-visual equipment, hanging signs, placing decorations, setting out materials such as program books and putting together buffet tables.
- Assisting with take down of events, taking inventory of all items and packing them so they are ready for easy use at the next event.
Qualifications & Experience
- Entry level, no qualifications necessary.