Carpenter and Steel Stud Framer
Pacific Arch Home & Business Renovations Inc.
Salary: $27.00 - $32.00/hour for 40 hours/week
Job Type: Full-Time, Part-Time, Permanent, Overtime, Early morning, Morning, Day, Shift, Flexible hours
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 2
NOC Group: Carpenters (7271)
NOC Job Title: Steel Stud Framer- Carpentry
Various location is lower mainland with business address 11694 81 Avenue Delta BC V4C 7B3
We are a local family run renovations, home and business improvement company looking to hire a highly skilled individual with extensive carpentry, steel stud, finishing and general renovation expertise.
- Construct, renovate, erect, install, maintain, and repair structures and components of structures made of wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel and other materials
- Determine specifications and calculate requirements
- Prepare layouts, measure, cut, shape, assemble and join moldings, wood materials, steel studs, drywall and plastics materials
- Cut and install metal framing and trim to size, using cutting tools
- Install horizontal and vertical metal studs to frames so that wallboard can be attached to interior walls Sizing and cutting metal studs, installing tracks and walls, and finishing with drywall
- Fix structures that are broken or have problems, such as replacing boards on a wooden house after a severe storm
- Cut and screw together metal channels to make floor or ceiling frames, according to plans
- Fit and install windows, doors, stairs, moldings, and hardware
- Build steel stud walls and install partitions
- Install suspended ceilings
- Perform alteration work needed for cabinetry installation
- Door hardware installation
- Operate power tools, table saw, miter saw, jig saw, skill saw etc.
The ideal candidate would have
- Secondary school completion is mandatory
- 3-5 years of experience in home repairs, remodeling, carpentry, kitchen and bath installations, painting, drywall repairs, fence and deck building, window and door installation.
- Good communication skills in English
- We would like to have one really strong team member who could potentially lead a small crew in the future and be a valuable long term asset to our team
- Must be well rounded and have an eye for fine details in order to hand over high quality renovation work that will ensure customer satisfaction
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Large workload, physically demanding, Combination of sitting, standing, walking
Work Site Environment
- At heights, Noisy, Dusty
Major Work Area
- Construction / Renovation
As per mutual agreement and BC Employment Standards Act, 4% Vacation pay of the gross salary will be paid each pay period with 10 days of unpaid vacation or 10 days of paid vacation with no vacation on each pay period. Transportation to and from the job location is provided at free of cost in company vehicle.
We encourage part-timers/students/youth/apprentices to apply for the job, it will be a great learning opportunity. We will try to adjust as per your schedule.