Staffing. It’s what we know. Because we’ve been providing staffing solutions, putting people to work, for nearly 30 years. Whether you’re looking for work, or you’re seeking workers for your business, PeopleReady is the North American leader in the industrial and on-demand staffing space.
The PeopleReady Branch # 2205, located at 280 Victoria Street North Unit # 6, Kitchener, ON N2H 5E3 is currently hiring Concrete Finishers.
We are currently looking for motivated Concrete Setters. Concrete Setter and who set and finish concrete for commercial and residential projects. As a Concrete Setter, you are often responsible for setting the concrete forms and ensuring they have the correct depth and pitch. You'll place the concrete directly from the concrete wagon chute, concrete pump, concrete skip, or wheelbarrow and spread the concrete using shovels and rakes, sometimes using a straightedge back and forth across the top of the forms to “screed,” or level, the freshly placed concrete. After leveling the concrete, concrete smooth the surface using either a hand trowel, a long-handled “bull float,” or powered floats. After the concrete has been leveled and floated, concrete press an edger between the forms and the concrete to chamfer the edges so that they are less likely to chip. As a Concrete Setter, you will often be working as part of an exceptional team to lay wooden framework and craft a finished product that is up to the clients' standards. We would love to hear from you today.
- Assisting in aligning forms, patching voids, and using saws to cut expansion joints
- Making decisions and solving problems
- Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution
- Assisting with mixing concrete, grout, and other concrete products by hand or mixing machine
- Operating various small machines, such as skid loaders and backhoes
- Assembling and dismantling various types of forms made of wood and metal
- Working from blueprints, drawings, or oral instructions to carry out tasks
- Using hand and power tools to smooth concrete and grout
Qualifications & Experience
Minimum of two years of experience in a construction setting Verifiable references to confirm your professional skills and experience Must have basic hand tools and reliable transportation
Our national teams provide expertise in flexible, industry-specific solutions for construction, hospitality, manufacturing and logistics, marine, transportation, warehousing and distribution, waste and recycling, and many other industries.
With a network of over 600 branches across all 50 states, Canada, and Puerto Rico, we are experts at matching workers to the jobs in-demand, delivering exactly the workforce needed, with the right skills. Our branch system means we know exactly what worker needs and availability are at a local level.