Truck Trailer Mechanic
Pannu Bros Trucking Ltd.
Abbotsford , BC
Pannu Bros. Trucking Ltd. was established in 1976 in Abbotsford, B.C. The company has been providing quality service in hauling General Freight all over Canada & USA and specializes in refrigerated services.
We are urgently looking for two truck trailer mechanic to join ASAP on permanent, full-time basis.
30260 Fraser Hwy, Abbotsford, BC V4X 1G2
Salary: $28.00 to $30.00 per hour for 40 hours per week
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 2
NOC Group: Automotive Service Technicians, Truck and Bus Mechanics and Mechanical Repairers (7321)
Job Address: 30260 Fraser Hwy, Abbotsford, BC V4X 1G2
Type of Trucking and Equipment: Tractor-trailer, Extended length tractor-trailer combination, Reefers, Dry Vans.
Weight Handling: More than 45 kg (100 lbs)
- Completion of Secondary school is required. Vocational training or program is an asset to have but not mandatory.
- 3-5 years of work experience or 4-year truck and transport mechanic or truck-trailer repair apprenticeship is required.
- Basic English to communicate with company drivers, suppliers, and management is required.
- Trade certification for truck and transport mechanic will be an asset to have, but not mandatory.
- Class 1 drivers license will be an asset to have, but not mandatory.
- Service, diagnose, repair, maintain, update, clean, equipment pre and post trip
- Preventive maintenance on commercial trailers, Use various hand tools and machinery to repair problems trailers, welding on trailers
- Adjust, repair or replace parts and components of commercial transport truck systems including chassis, frame, cab, body, engine and drive train, air brakes, steering, and fuel, hydraulic, electrical and electronic systems
- Adjust, repair or replace parts and components of truck-trailer systems including structural, brake and electrical systems.
- Perform scheduled maintenance service, such as oil changes, lubrications and tune ups
- Test and adjust repaired systems to manufacturer's performance specifications
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions and confirm findings with supervisor or management to determine whether to repair or replace unit
- Repair or replace mechanical units or components using hand and power tools
- Complete reports to record problems and work performed
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments.
Overtime rate of 1.5 times the regular is applicable after 40 hours per week or 08 hours per day. As per company policy extended medical and dental benefits are offered.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Physically demanding and handling heavy loads.
- Document use
- Working with others
- Problem solving
- Decision making
- Critical thinking.
We use modern equipment to provide the customers with top quality service. Our office staffs are experienced to cater to your needs and know the business inside and out as they themselves have been behind the wheel. Do not miss the opportunity to become a part of this amazing workplace.