Electronic Commerce Software Developer
Pacrim Hospitality Services, Inc. (PHS)
July 27, 2020
Company Overview: Pacrim Hospitality Services Inc. (Pacrim) is a privately-owned hotel management and development company. Pacrim owns and manages 10 full-service hotels/resorts and a travel agency in the Atlantic Canada Area. Pacrim is an industry leader in the Atlantic Canada hospitality and tourism sector to identify, manage, develop, and build strategic products and services targeting the fast-growing Asian inbound tourism market.
Position Summary: E-Commerce Developers work with web designers and other developers in creating secure payment portals and hotel booking functionality on web sites. Responsible for implementing web design principles to ensure websites render well across multiple devices. Need to coordinate with other developers to create seamless integration and solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement coding for new software programs and recommend improvements to existing software programs as necessary.
- Design, develop, and execute software solutions to address business issues.
- Create scalable, automated solutions for our customer base and establish multi-platform versions of the software package.
- Clearly and regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues in order to troubleshoot code level problems quickly and efficiently.
- Identify and report different types of data that need tracking to improve business performance.
- Work with department managers to create data collection guidelines and SOP’s for internal use.
- Test and maintain software products to ensure strong functionality and optimization.
- Research, analyze, evaluate, and recommend tools, technologies and processes to ensure the highest quality product platform.
- Collaborate with team members, quality assurance and end users to produce cutting-edge software solutions for users. Write, modify, integrate and test software code for e-commerce and other Internet applications.
- Maintain safe working conditions by following safety rules and procedures.
- Ensures company management is informed of all unusual problems or matters of significance.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with the corporate policies and procedures to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
Education and Skills Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, e-commerce, or related IT university level degree is preferred.
- Experience with React, Node.js, Drupal, Joomla and WordPress CMS an asset.
- Experience implementing web-based payment processing.
- Strong time management and organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraint of timelines.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques. Strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Good communication skills and ability to work independently and as part of a highly-integrated team.
Additional Information: Position may entail some traveling within Nova Scotia.
Number of Vacancies: 2
Language(s): English essential, but candidates with foreign language skills that support Pacrim’s tourism goals and match profile of international clientele is an asset.
Work Hours: 35-40 hours/week
Workdays: Weekdays and Weekends, Day and Night Shifts
Employment Term: Full-Time, Permanent
Benefits: Benefits Package Available
Start Date: ASAP
Quote Job Reference: TA2174