McKesson Canada INVIVA
We are looking for a registered nurse with 1 -2 years of neurology experience, specifically with Multiple Sclerosis RN experience
Position is responsible for providing professional nursing care to individuals including the intravenous or injection administration of biologics or other specialty pharmaceutical products and promotes patient health by completing health reviews prior to treatment, reviews patient files and collaborates with physicians and multidisciplinary team members as required, with the end goal of providing medical therapies or self-administration teaching to patients in an ambulatory setting .
The nurse uses critical thinking, therapeutic communication and clinical decision making skills to assess, plan, implement, educate and evaluate the patients’ health situation throughout their treatment therapy.
- Assessing the health status of patients using a pre-screening process that covers contraindications, objective and subjective data, to determine eligibility in receiving medical therapies.
- Insertion of peripheral intravenous or establishing access via central lines using sterile technique and best practices from the standards and practices of the college.
- Studying patient files and prior post-administration records to understand patient’s history.
- Handling and reconstituting biologic or oncology medication as per manufacturer and Heath Canada guidelines.
- Following provincial College of Nurses standards and guidelines on medication administration.
- Identifying patient care requirements; educating and providing counseling.
- Promoting patient independence; answering questions and teaching patients to understand their condition and medication.
- Documenting patient care services and managing records in accordance with INVIVA policies.
- Following INVIVA and nursing philosophies and standards of care.
- Following patient specific medical directives for administration and treatment of adverse events.
- Reporting adverse events in accordance with manufacturer specific requirements, Health Canada and INVIVA policy.
- Providing medical therapy monitoring and post administration observation and assessment.
- Maintaining knowledge of medical therapies as per Health Canada’s Product Monograph.
- Maintaining knowledge of INVIVA policies and procedures.
- Participating with drug and clinic audits upon request.
- Following drug accountability requirements as per INVIVA policy and standard operating procedure.
- Actively participates in training and mentoring of new clinic staff.
- Completing training as required by INVIVA on: products and services, policies, technology, quality assurance and communications.
- Maintaining quality, safety and infection control standards to ensure safe nursing practice
- Maintaining continuity among nursing teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Establishing a compassionate environment and supporting patients.
- Maintaining and protecting patient confidentiality.
- Maintaining safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Ensuring proper operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements.
- Maintaining clinic medical and stationary supply levels.
- Maintaining up-to-date professional and technical knowledge by completing/attending educational workshops.
- Maintaining a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods.
- Contributing to team effort and corporate goals.
- Minimum 2 year Nursing Diploma
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing is an asset
Experience years and type
- 3 + years of critical care experience (i.e. ER, ICU) - Preferred: 1 -2 years of Neurology experience preferred, with Multiple Sclerosis RN experience
- Critical care specific designation is an asset
- Professional designation
- Registered Nurse
- Infusion certification or equivalent experience a must
- Maintains CPR certification
- ACLS certification is an asset
- Maintains yearly practice membership with provincial College of Nurses Association must be in good standing
- Ability to work at various clinics depending on region
- If applicable - maintains yearly professional liability insurance (Ontario applicants)
- Excellent assessment and clinical decision-making skills
- Clinical, nursing and listening skills
- Ability to work autonomously and proficiently, especially in emergency situations
- Excellent communication skills with patients, colleagues and customers
- Ability to work in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment
- Team player
- Ability to work in a computerized environment (i.e. computer, MS Office, email, and electronic patient records)
- If applicable - fluently bilingual (English and French) (Quebec applicants)
- Adaptable to different kind of corporative environment
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity employer.
The material contained herein is provided for informational purpose only. All open jobs offered by McKesson on this recruitment system are subject to specific job skill requirements. The job skill requirements, qualifications, and preferred experience are determined by a subsidiary, office or department within the company which is offering the position, and all positions are subject to local prevailing employment laws and restrictions. This would include immigration laws pertaining to work authorization requirements and any other applicable government permissions or compliance.
The materials on this site are provided without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties regarding the completeness of information contained on this site or in any referenced links. While McKesson attempts to update this site on a timely basis, the information is effective only as of the time and date of posting.
McKesson is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants' needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
The information on this site is for information purpose only and is not intended to be relied upon with legal consequence.
Quote Job Reference: JR0028045