Executive Director, Partnerships and Strategies
Woodside Greens Business Association
Permanent, full time
As a wholly-owned subsidiary of the VB Group of companies and a part of the Woodside Greens Golf Club, the newly established Woodside Greens Business Association Inc., responsible for developing and implementing strategies of the business expansion is currently looking for an Executive Director, Partnerships and Strategies with some functions as an Ethnic Association President.
The Executive Director will be responsible for day-to-day operation of an association located in Simcoe, Ontario. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director, Strategies and Partnerships, develops, executes, monitors and reports on the array of strategic plans, activities and programs, including but not limited to:
- the acquisition of new members and partners by establishing strategic partnerships with different ethnic communities of the GTA, with the specific focus on 500,000 strong Ukrainian community, their respectful diverse credit unions, private businesses, youth and family organizations, other NGO’s structures.
- Expanding the facility, in addition to its event and recreational goals, into the brewery of cultural, touristic, and socializing ideas in the region as a whole, with focus on international cultural interaction and exchange.
- Leading the strategic planning process, focusing on long term trends and outlook;
- Advising to beneficiaries on critical changes in the competitive landscape, marketplace and external business environment.
Our ideal candidate should have established network of contacts with the Ukrainian Canadian Congress, Ukrainian World Congress and other umbrella organizations; have intimate knowledge of structure and needs of the European communities in GTA including but not limited to Ukrainian community network organizations and have in-depth knowledge of the contemporary cultural trends in Europe.
You have proven ability to apply variety of strategic frameworks to analyze problems and to develop solutions, ability to translate and communicate complex topics in a variety of forums, tailoring communications to effectively fit and influence targeted audience; strong executive presence, presentation and communication skills; ability to work collaboratively with key partners, stakeholders and different ethnic groups.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities include (but not limited to):
- Responsible for day-to-day operation of a business association and reporting to the Board of Directors.
- Establish objectives for the organization and formulate and approve policies and programs.
- Serve as the Association’s primary spokesperson to the organizational constituents, local and overseas business partners, the media and the general public; represent the organization or delegate representatives to act on behalf of the organization, in negotiations or other official functions;
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance the Association’s mission;
- Oversee marketing, promotion and other communication strategies and efforts;
- Make presentations to legislative and other government committees regarding policies and programs;
- Recommend, review, evaluate and approve documents, briefs and reports submitted by middle managers and senior staff members;
- Authorize and organize the establishment of major departments and associated senior staff positions;
- Allocate material, human and financial resources to implement organizational policies and programs; establish financial and administrative controls; formulate and approve promotional campaigns and approve overall personnel planning;
- Select middle managers, directors and other executive staff; responsible for hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff, for signing all notes and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization;
- Responsible for strategic partnerships (economically and environmentally sustainable); partnering and cross promotions; overseeing and implementation of bilateral cultural projects; development and production of campaigns, social media networking, and internet promotion and support; development of PR strategies; organizing interviews networking with local and foreign media representatives.
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
Skills and qualifications:
- Master’s Degree or an equivalent combination of a Bachelor’s degree and experience in public relations/image management; Central/Middle and Eastern European studies; political communication; international relations and affairs or other related discipline;
- at least 10 years of experience in strategic planning or relevant field;
- strong strategy orientation and held previously several official/business and operational roles in fast-paced and complex environments;
- excellent oral and written English communication skills. Second language is an asset, especially that of native knowledge of Ukrainian and advance levels of other European languages (German, French, Polish and Russian);
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills;
- outstanding interpersonal and communication skills;
- a strategic thinker with networking aptitude;
- motivated self-starter;
- great presentation ad multitasking skills;
- analytical and technically adaptive;
- highly organized, detail-oriented and efficient.
Quote Job Reference: 1465450