MNP Executive Search & Professional Recruitment
June 30, 2020
The Construction Association of Rural Manitoba Inc. (“CARM”), is a non-profit association formed over 100 years ago by several construction companies wishing to define the rights ad obligations of general and sub-contractors in commercial and industrial projects. Today, it provides representation, information, education, and services to promote the sustainability and integrity of the rural construction industry. CARM is the voice of the construction industry in south west Manitoba, representing its members to consumers of construction services, governments, and the community at large.
The Executive Director is responsible for establishing and executing major goals and objectives for the organization.
- Implementing policies established by the Board of Directors
- Providing leadership, direction and guidance of Organization’s activities
- Analyzing and evaluating the effectiveness of all organization operations
- Developing and maintaining organizational structure and effective personnel
- Coordinating major activities through subordinates and appraising assigned personnel
- Representing the Organization to regulatory bodies, other agencies, community and civic organizations, members, funders and supporters, and the general public
- Building and property management
Skills and Qualifications
- Post-secondary education in a related field
- 2 - 5 years or more of progressive management experience, preferably in non-profit sector of construction industry
- Knowledge of:
- Leadership and management principles as they relate to non-profit/voluntary organizations
- All federal and provincial legislation applicable to voluntary sector organizations including: employment standards, human rights, occupational health and safety, charities, taxation, CPP, EI, health coverage etc.
- Current industry challenges and opportunities relating to the mission of the organization
- Human resources management
- Financial management
- Project management
CARM offers a competitive salary package, a comprehensive health care plan, a pension plan, and generous vacation leave. Details regarding compensation will be based on the successful candidates’ knowledge, skills, and experience.