Apt Immigration Services Inc.
June 23, 2020
About the Organization:
SimConnect Freight Management Inc is a private for-hire trucking transportation business, located in Mississauga, Ontario. We provide trucking transportation services to various clients in all over North America.
About the Opportunity:
SimConnect Freight Management Inc has an immediate job opening for Billing Co-ordinator. This is a permanent full-time opportunity. The Billing Coordinator assists with the responsibility to oversee the billing operations for our various business clients. This position is responsible to supervise, and coordinate the billing activities of accounts clerk and billing operations. This position ensures compliance with all business policies related to customer service, and security of data.
This job is characterized by the fast-paced and deadline driven nature of the work. It requires strong financial and customer service skills along with proactive planning in order to effectively deal with the work flow inherent in delivering funds needed for business by initiating the billing operations. In addition this position requires communication with various customers, provide updates on billing operations and explaining any issues related to payments.
About the Location:
We are located at 3380 Airway Drive, Unit 17, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. The main intersection is Airport Rd and Derry Rd E in the city of Mississauga.
About the Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Following are job duties and responsibilities for this position:
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise, assign, and review the day to day billing operations including accounts payable and receivable by overseeing invoicing to customers and contractor that we work with.
- Supervise, assign and review the work of accounts clerks engaged in the billing accounts activities.
- Administer bill of landings, proof of deliveries, bonds, custom clearance and commercial invoices and verify accuracy of work and invoicing schedules.
- Ensure all deliveries paperwork get submitted on time by drivers/vendors and invoices are done efficiently and within timely manner.
- Monitor verify and process trip bags for invoicing accurately and drivers pay with all trip expense receipts e.g. Tolls, bridge, fuel receipts, scale, pallet charges, cancelled bond charges, shunt fee, loading and un-loading fee etc.
- Supervise, assign and verify the prepared drivers pay statements, Cash Advances, Trip expenses and direct deposit statements.
- Act as liaison between drivers, dispatchers & customers.
- Establish work priorities and ensure deadlines are met and procedures are followed in accounting.
- Communicate with customers by updating them on overdue accounts.
- Provide administrative support to complete the billing paperwork.
- Review and resolve disagreements on invoices/ pay statements and Negotiate payment arrangements when needed
- Collaborate with management and external associated accountants to provide the required financial reports.
- Investigate and reconcile unbilled/ overdue accounts.
- Ensures that all company regulations and policies are met regarding data security, and customer service and train other workers on these policies.
About the Job Skills and Requirements:
Following are the job skills and requirements for this position:
- Minimum 1 year of experience is required in billing operations.
- College level business management/ accounting/ administration diploma is an asset.
- Enhanced knowledge or experience in Microsoft Office and Quickbooks software is a great asset for this position.
- Work well in a fast paced, tight deadlines and team environment.
- First class communication skills and an ability to quickly understand and act on questions raised by clients in a timely manner.
- Self-motivated with a diligent and detailed approach to completing tasks.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- A high degree of initiative and independence.
Working Hours: It is a permanent full-time job position that required minimum of 35 hours per week. Regular Full time hours for this position are 9.30 am to 5.00 pm
Job Salary: $31.00 to $32.00 per hour based on experience and knowledge.