Manager, Road Operations & Fleet
Town of Caledon
May 29, 2020
Town of Caledon is a dynamic municipality that successfully balances urban, rural and agricultural communities. Our energetic staff are guided by our core values that create an environment for continuous improvement and customer service excellence.
In addition to offering exciting career opportunities, the Town also provides a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Come see how you can make a difference.
Reporting directly to the General Manger, Finance & Infrastructure Services, this position will perform the tasks associated with the day to day delivery of activities of the Roads & Fleet Division including but not limited to:
- Overseeing the service delivery for road maintenance, sidewalks, bridges and culverts, storm sewers, roadside ditches; winter control; storm water management; roadway safety signage, devices and markings
- Fleet planning, standardization and procurement;
- Responding to resident concerns, complaints, work requests related to Road right-of-way infrastructure;
- Developing short and long-term business plans for infrastructure and service levels to properly maintain the Town’s infrastructure;
- Ensuring Town’s compliance with Provincial and Federal legislation related to roads, fleet, health and safety of outside workers; and
- Analyzing, researching, preparing, presenting reports and recommendations on Roads & Fleet related matters at Committee/Council.
Through demonstration of strong leadership skills, superior interpersonal skills, and analytical and problem-solving skills the Manager, Road Operations and Fleet will provide leadership to staff within the division, participate in staff hiring, performance evaluations and discipline as required. You will be responsible for developing routes and plans for roads maintenance programs for over 1500 km of roads and other road assets within the Town’s right of way.
The successful candidate will be responsible for operating and capital budgets and must be able to develop annual budgets based on an understanding of growth within the Town, market conditions, best practices, road conditions, and corporate guidelines. This position will develop and execute implementation plans to meet the relevant goals with in the Town of Caledon Council Work Plan/Strategic Plan as well as participate in the Corporate Green House Gas reduction plans.
The Ideal Candidate
We are seeking a motivated professional with a post-secondary degree/diploma in Civil Engineering or a closely related field and accreditation as a Certified Road Supervisor – Senior level (CRS-S) from the Association of Ontario Road Supervisors (AORS). Our ideal candidate has a minimum of ten (10) years supervisory experience in engineering, road operations and/or municipal works (union setting). The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated understanding of roads and fleet operations including construction and maintenance and a thorough working knowledge of applicable legislation including Provincial Minimum Maintenance Standards, the Highway Traffic Act, Municipal Act, Health and Safety Act and Commercial Vehicle Operators Regulations. We are seeking an individual with superior organizational skills, high attention to detail and demonstrated customer service excellence.
This position offers a salary range of $108,799.43 - $135,632.07 plus a competitive benefit package.
Satisfactory passing of a criminal record check, and proof of qualifications will be required of any successful candidate(s) for this position.
The Town is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive and barrier-free workplace. If your application requires accommodation, please contact Human Resources at (905) 584-2272 Ext. 4738.