PHS - Pacrim Hospitality Services
June 14, 2020
Company Overview: Pacrim Hospitality Services Inc. (Pacrim) is a privately owned hotel management and development company. Pacrim manages a portfolio of 8 multi-branded hotels throughout Canada and the United States, totaling some 876 hotel rooms, suites and cottages, with 4 more properties under development. Pacrim has, for nearly two decades, expertly managed hotels in partnership with many of the world’s most recognized hotel brands.
(Report directly to AIPP – Program Manager)
Salary/Wage: $15 - $22/hour (DOE)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Work Hours: Minimum 40 hours/On Call
Workdays: 7 Days/Week, On Call
Language(s): English required, but candidates with foreign language skills is an asset. French, English, Mandarin, Cantonese preferred fluent speakers.
Employment Term: Full-Time, Permanent
Benefits: Benefits Packet Available. Travel allowance, opportunity to travel internationally, reimbursement, and health insurance.
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Position Summary: Seeking an Administrative Assistant for the Canadian Immigration Department. Must be familiar with Canadian immigration, AIPP, immigration forms, document review, and document creation. Great at creative writing and time management.
Main Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create, draft, edit, and review documents and forms pertaining to Canadian immigration and Canada Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program - AIPP.
- Coordinate and communicate with prospective employers, clients, and teams.
- Assist in the application process for obtaining Canadian visa and citizenship via Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program (AIPP).
- Track the petitions/applications, deadlines, interviews, and progress.
- Monitoring the business documents and the development progress of our projects.
- Occasional research and writing assignments, projects, and memorandums.
- Drafting other documents and correspondence, based on templates or instructions from attorney/program manager.
- Checking all documents for correct English usage, grammar, and creative writing.
- Assist Program Manager in facilitating between the Chinese team and Canada team for AIPP program and other immigration programs/projects.
- Manage internal filings system for AIPP.
- Other related business and duties upon assignment by the Immigration Department Program Manager or General Manager (GM) Office.
Education/Essential Skills Requirements:
- A bachelor's degree in a field related to business administration, political science, sales and marketing, journalism, or business management.
- Several years of experience in administration, immigration, and/or AIPP.
- Tech Savvy is required- Familiar and experienced with using the internet, Microsoft Office, WPS, Adobe (pdf), and other software programs.
- Looking for someone with a good attitude, who is a quick learner, works well under pressure, organized, self-motivated, proactive, enthusiastic, optimistic, detail-oriented, willing to learn new things, and great at following instructions and asking questions.
- Open to working with others from different cultural backgrounds, such as Chinese.
(Canadian/PR Only & Can work from home during COVID-19)
Quote Job Reference: AIPP041420