April 30, 2020
Detailed Job Description
Company Overview: Pacrim Hospitality Services Inc. (Pacrim) is a privately-owned hotel management and development company. Pacrim owns and manages 10 full-service hotels/resorts and a travel agency in the Atlantic Canada Area. Pacrim is an industry leader in the Atlantic Canada hospitality and tourism sector to identify, manage, develop, and build strategic products and services targeting the fast-growing Asian inbound tourism market.
Physical Work Location: Digby, Nova Scotia (Travel is Required)
Number of Vacancies: 2
Work Hours: 35-40 hours/week
Workdays: Weekdays and Weekends, Day and Night Shifts
Language(s): English essential, but candidates with foreign language skills that support Pacrim’s tourism goals and match profile of international clientele is an asset.
Employment Term: Full-Time, Permanent
Benefits: Benefits Package Available
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Position Summary: Copywriters primary function is to work with web designers and IT developers with a focus on hospitality and tourism advertising, e-commerce, and writing for email and advertising across eye catching headlines, articles, landing pages, service descriptions and other marketing initiatives. Creative writing and background in marketing and advertising is an asset.
Main Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce creative copy based on desired web site functionality and target audience.
- General marketing campaign copywriting support with focus on hospitality industry and Pacrim’s tourism goals.
- Communicate with team members about web site needs and implementation plan.
- Conduct research and writing in order to design and develop website and selling features of products and services.
- Create marketing e-mails with transactional, ecommerce focus and KPI-drive background.
- Provide copy for banner ads, packaging, Facebook Ads and landing pages.
- Achieve results with words (higher open rates, higher click rates, and more sales testing and performance-creativity).
- Responsible for writing the text and visuals for advertisements and commercials for the travel agency and company.
Education/Essential Skills Requirements:
- A university degree in sales, marketing, copywriting, or related field is preferred.
- A portfolio of previous online work and creative writings is preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in the areas of marketing, advertising, and journalism is preferred.
- Ability to work flexible schedules, work under pressure, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication, language and time-management skills.
Quote Job Reference: TA5121