April 30, 2020
Detailed Job Description
Company Overview: Pacrim Hospitality Services Inc. (Pacrim) is a privately-owned hotel management and development company. Pacrim owns and manages 10 full-service hotels/resorts and a travel agency in the Atlantic Canada Area. Pacrim is an industry leader in the Atlantic Canada hospitality and tourism sector to identify, manage, develop, and build strategic products and services targeting the fast-growing Asian inbound tourism market.
Title: Information Technology (IT) Web Developer (Website Developer)
Physical Work Location: Digby, Nova Scotia (Travel is Required)
Number of Vacancies: 2
Work Hours: 35-40 hours/week
Language(s): English essential, but candidates with foreign language skills that support Pacrim’s tourism goals and match profile of international clientele is an asset.
Employment Term: Full-Time, Permanent
Benefits: Benefits Package Available
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Position Summary: IT Web designers and developers A web developer designs and builds websites, taking responsibility for a website's appearance and technical aspects. They research, design, develop and produce Internet and Intranet sites for Pacrim’s Travel Agency, Reservation Center, and Websites for Tourism.
Main Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research and evaluate a variety of interactive media software products
- Prepare mock-ups and storyboards
- Consult with Pacrim management to develop and document Website requirements
- Lead and co-ordinate multidisciplinary teams to develop Website graphics, content, capacity and interactivity
- Source, select and organize information for inclusion and design the appearance, layout and flow of the Website
- Create and optimize content for Website using a variety of graphics, database, animation and other software
- Develop Website architecture and determine hardware and software requirements
- Plan, design, write, modify, integrate and test Web-site related code
- Conduct tests and perform security and quality controls
Education/Essential Skills Requirements:
- A bachelor's degree, usually in computer science, communications or business or completion of a college program in computer science, graphic arts, Web design or related field is required.
- Experience as a website designer, website developer, or other related experience is an asset.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in website design, website development, software development/engineering, project management, and coding is an asset.
Quote Job Reference: TA2175