Information Technology (IT) Development Manager (Platform Developer)
April 30, 2020
Detailed Job Description
Company Overview: Pacrim Hospitality Services Inc. (Pacrim) is a privately-owned hotel management and development company. Pacrim owns and manages 10 full-service hotels/resorts and a travel agency in the Atlantic Canada Area. Pacrim is an industry leader in the Atlantic Canada hospitality and tourism sector to identify, manage, develop, and build strategic products and services targeting the fast-growing Asian inbound tourism market.
Physical Work Location: Digby, Nova Scotia (Travel is Required)
Number of Vacancies: 2
Work Hours: 35-40 hours/week
Language(s): English essential, but candidates with foreign language skills that support Pacrim’s tourism goals and match profile of international clientele is an asset.
Employment Term: Full-Time, Permanent
Benefits: Benefits Package Available
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Position Summary: IT Development Managers manage, design, establish, direct, control and evaluate the activities of organizations. They analyze, design, develop, implement, operate and administer computer and telecommunications software, networks and information systems. The IT development manager is someone intimately familiar with specific operating systems and hardware components, works on a company’s core platform to create and optimize all the various functions needed to establish a strong computer infrastructure. The developer needs to be a big picture thinker and always keeping in mind why they’re building something and who they are building it for. They must be able to think out of the box and develop creative solutions.
Main Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary focus on platform development for the company.
- Establish, coordinate, regulate and evaluate the operations of information systems and electronic data processing (EDP) IT department.
- Create and execute policies and procedures for developing company’s operations involving electronic data processing and platform development.
- Set up and explain structure of system requirements, specifications, costs and timelines.
- Prepare and present governance, organizational design, project proposals, project charters, and platform development plans to Senior Client Executives/Stakeholders.
- Design, develop, implement and operate company platform and information systems.
- Monitor and control IT department expenses and budget for all projects.
- Work with the IT Leadership Team on the enterprise-wide IT strategy and governance required to prioritize resources, including budget and ultimately deliver the outcomes expected in the strategy.
- Train, supervise, and manage information technology (IT) engineers, developers, and technicians to form IT teams for platform development department.
- Occasionally may need to assist employees with the same duties as managed.
Education/Essential Skills Requirements:
- A degree in computer science, business administration, or related field is usually required. Several years of experience in the industry may substitute for formal education.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in platform development, software development/engineering, project management, systems analysis, data administration, network design, or computer programming, including supervisory experience, is required.
Quote Job Reference: TA0213