April 30, 2020
Detailed Job Description
Company Overview: Pacrim Hospitality Services Inc. (Pacrim) is a privately-owned hotel management and development company. Pacrim owns and manages 10 full-service hotels/resorts and a travel agency in the Atlantic Canada Area. Pacrim is an industry leader in the Atlantic Canada hospitality and tourism sector to identify, manage, develop, and build strategic products and services targeting the fast-growing Asian inbound tourism market.
Physical Work Location: Bedford, Nova Scotia (Travel is Required)
Number of Vacancies: 2
Work Hours: 35-40 hours/week
Workdays: Weekdays and Weekends
Language(s): English essential, but candidates with foreign language skills that support Pacrim’s tourism goals and match profile of international clientele is an asset.
Employment Term: Full-Time, Permanent
Benefits: Benefits Package Available
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Position Summary: Purchasing agents purchase land or access rights, hotel properties, or other business services and arrangements. Pacrim is a leading company in hospitality management, tourism, and customer service. The primary focus of the purchasing agent is to establish business relations with other hotels and resorts in order to expand Pacrim’s hospitality and travel agency tourism business.
Main Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Purchase general and specialized equipment, materials, land or access rights, or business services for use or for further processing for the travel agency and call centre.
- Negotiate purchase requirements using best practices to planned inventory levels
- Gathers quotes, manages cost and negotiates pricing for desired inventory levels
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with external vendors
- Communicate Vendor delivery and product issues to all stakeholders.
- Work cross functionally to achieve shared goals and objectives
- Required to on a regular basis source new items for new product introduction, and sourcing new vendors for cost reductions.
- Ability to review supply contracts and make recommendations.
- Conducts Yearly vendor Business reviews.
Education/Essential Skills Requirements:
- A degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or economics is preferred.
- Previous experience as a purchasing agent or as an administrative clerk is preferred.
- Previous management experience and experience in obtaining information about goods/services, negotiating contracts, monitoring business performance, and following organizational policies and procedures is preferred.
Quote Job Reference: PHSC1225