April 30, 2020
Detailed Job Description
Company Overview: Pacrim Hospitality Services Inc. (Pacrim) is a privately-owned hotel management and development company. Pacrim owns and manages 10 full-service hotels/resorts and a travel agency in the Atlantic Canada Area. Pacrim is an industry leader in the Atlantic Canada hospitality and tourism sector to identify, manage, develop, and build strategic products and services targeting the fast-growing Asian inbound tourism market.
Title: Executive Assistant to Human Resources Manager
Physical Work Location: Bedford, Nova Scotia (Travel is Required)
Number of Vacancies: 2
Work Hours: 35-40 hours/week
Workdays: Weekdays and Weekends
Language(s): English essential, but candidates with foreign language skills that support Pacrim’s tourism goals and match profile of international clientele is an asset.
Employment Term: Full-Time, Permanent
Benefits: Benefits Package Available
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Position Summary: Executive Assistants report directly to Human Resource Manager and act as a special assistant, translator, activity coordinator, and administrative executive assistant. Their primary function is to translate, train, and implement company policies in order to promote smooth transition of new local and international employees. They act as liaison between corporate executives and upper management, in which they will report directly to VP of Operations.
Main Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Human Resources Manager in establishing and coordinating administrative policies and procedures for new employees from different backgrounds.
- Support Human Resources Manager in creating and analyzing incoming and outgoing employee memos and reports and prepare and co-ordinate the preparation and submission of summary briefs and reports to upper level personnel.
- Prepare agendas and make arrangements for new hires and executive meetings.
- Formulate presentations for via research, writing, and data compilation for consideration and presentation for upper level executives.
- Liaise with departmental and corporate officials and with other organizations and associations on behalf of executives, committees and boards of directors.
- Transcribe: To render the spoken word of a language into the written form of the same language.
- Translate: To render the spoken or written word of one language into the written form of another language.
Education/Essential Skills Requirements:
- A diploma is required. Additional education in public administration, business administration, and other related fields is preferred.
- Experience in translating, training, and research and writing is preferred.
Quote Job Reference: PHSC1222