Operating Officer/Administrative Officer
April 30, 2020
Detailed Job Description
Company Overview: Pacrim Hospitality Services Inc. (Pacrim) is a privately-owned hotel management and development company. Pacrim owns and manages 10 full-service hotels/resorts and a travel agency in the Atlantic Canada Area. Pacrim is an industry leader in the Atlantic Canada hospitality and tourism sector to identify, manage, develop, and build strategic products and services targeting the fast-growing Asian inbound tourism market.
Physical Work Location: Bedford, Nova Scotia (Travel is Required)
Number of Vacancies: 2
Work Hours: 35-40 hours/week
Language(s): English essential, but candidates with foreign language skills that support Pacrim’s tourism goals and match profile of international clientele is an asset.
Employment Term: Full-Time, Permanent
Benefits: Benefits Package Available
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Position Summary: The primary role of the Operating/Administrative Officers will be to ensure quality assurance of Pacrim brand name at all locations. Operating Officers will be responsible for inspecting each location and administering policies and procedures given by the VP of Operations and Pacrim. Administrative Officers are responsible for overseeing and implement administrative procedures, establish work priorities, conduct analyses of administrative operations and co-ordinate acquisition of administrative services such as office space, supplies and security services.
Main Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and inspect each hotel to ensure Pacrim and hotel brand policies are being followed.
- Oversee, inspect, and co-ordinate office administrative procedures and implement existing company procedures at each Pacrim location.
- Establish inspection system, set goals for staff, and monitor their progress to ensure deadlines are met and procedures are followed at each location.
- Carry out administrative activities such as conducting frequent performance reviews.
- Administer policies and procedures related to Pacrim and hotel brand to ensure quality assurance. Implement improved operational measures and policies that promotes efficiency.
- Develop improved business functionality that increases profits and/or services.
- Co-ordinate and plan for office services, such as accommodation, relocations, equipment, supplies, forms, disposal of assets, parking, maintenance and security services.
- Assist VP of Operations in conducting analyses and overseeing administrative operations related to budgeting, managing inventory, contracting and project planning and management processes.
- Assemble data and prepare periodic and special reports, manuals and correspondence on inspection of each Pacrim location. Contribute to innovation of new products and/or services.
- Communicate with management teams to confirm execution of company processes.
- Train staff in policies and procedures and ensure their work practices and ethics are in compliance with best business practices throughout organization.
Education/Essential Skills Requirements:
- Completion of secondary school is required. A university degree is preferred.
- Experience in a senior clerical or executive officer/inspector/supervisory position is an asset.
- Previous experience in implementing policies and creating reports is an asset.
Quote Job Reference: PHSC1221