Hotel Assistant Manager
April 30, 2020
Detailed Job Description
Company Overview: Pacrim Hospitality Services Inc. (Pacrim) is a privately-owned hotel management and development company. Pacrim owns and manages 10 full-service hotels/resorts and a travel agency in the Atlantic Canada Area. Pacrim is an industry leader in the Atlantic Canada hospitality and tourism sector to identify, manage, develop, and build strategic products and services targeting the fast-growing Asian inbound tourism market.
Reference #: PHSC0632
Job Title: Hotel Assistant Manager – Accommodation Service Manager
Physical Work Location: Bedford, Nova Scotia (Travel is Required)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Work Hours: 35-40 hours/week
Workdays: Weekdays and Weekends, Day and Night Shifts
Language(s): English essential, but candidates with foreign language skills that support Pacrim’s tourism goals and match profile of international clientele is an asset.
Employment Term: Full-Time, Permanent
Benefits: Benefits Package Available
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Position Summary: Hotel Assistant Managers/Accommodation Service Managers, plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of Pacrim Hospitality’s hotel management department. They are employed throughout various accommodation establishments in Nova Scotia rural areas.
Main Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement and evaluate policies and procedures for the operation of Pacrim Hospitality’s hotel management department.
- Prepare budget and expense reports for Pacrim’s hotel management department for all hotel properties that are managed by Pacrim.
- Participate in the development of marketing, sales, and promotional strategies for Pacrim hotel properties.
- Manage inventory and negotiate with suppliers for the delivery of hotel supplies.
- Negotiate with domestic and international clients for the use of hotel facilities for conventions, banquets, receptions and other events held at the properties.
- Train and supervise hotel senior staff and set training schedules for all hotel departments.
- Provide timely and efficient customer service and reports based on customer complaints, suggestions, and comments.
Education/Essential Skills Requirements:
- A university degree or college diploma in hotel management or other related discipline may be required for assistant managers employed by Pacrim Hospitality.
- Five or more years of experience within the accommodation industry or related sector can substitute for formal education requirements.
Quote Job Reference: PHSC0632