Engineering Service Manager
April 30, 2020
Detailed Job Description
Company Overview: Pacrim Hospitality Services Inc. (Pacrim) is a privately-owned hotel management and development company. Pacrim owns and manages 10 full-service hotels/resorts and a travel agency in the Atlantic Canada Area. Pacrim is an industry leader in the Atlantic Canada hospitality and tourism sector to identify, manage, develop, and build strategic products and services targeting the fast-growing Asian inbound tourism market.
Salary/Wage: $50.96-$52.96/hour (DOE)
Physical Work Location: Bedford (Travel is Required)
Number of Vacancies: 2
Work Hours: 35-40 hours/week
Workdays: Weekdays and Weekends, Day and Night Shifts
Language(s): English essential, but candidates with foreign language skills that support Pacrim’s tourism goals and match profile of international clientele is an asset.
Employment Term: Full-Time, Permanent
Benefits: Benefits Package Available
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Position Summary: Engineering Service Managers assist in blueprints, building plans, directing hotel construction projects, and other engineering consulting and evaluating capabilities. Experienced in electrical, civil, and/or related engineering field. Assist in Pacrim’s upcoming building projects.
Main Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning, organizing, directing controlling and evaluating hotel construction projects from start to finish, according to schedule, specifications and budget – and participating in conversations and decisions involving company policies and programs.
- Collaborate within the construction team, client representatives, subcontractors, consultants, architects and suppliers.
- Manage the cost, scheduling, technical issues and overall productivity - ensuring the project completion is on time and within affordability and profitability parameters.
Education/Essential Skills Requirements:
- A bachelor's degree in engineering is preferred.
- Extensive experience in an engineering discipline, including supervisory experience, is required (civil, electrical, mechanical, or other related engineering experience.
- Has excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work well under pressure